Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Phantoms for Home Theatre
Question 
Hi all!
There's a bit of this topic scattered across different posts, but I'd like to know how many people are using two phantom Gold's as the speakers to their TV / Home Theatre Setup.

I currently have a single Gold - and have it connected directly to my TV using optical, with little to no lag - and I love it for movies....  I'm thinking about getting a second Gold for stereo - but I'm not sure how the dialogue box works, and if it adds delay (and whether its reliable?).

I've seen some people use splitters, but I think that via a splitter, I'd lose the L/R channel specific sound. 

Anyone with experience? Does having the speakers set-up with a dialogue box work fine?  I guess the optical goes direct into the dialogue box?  Any Lag?  

Would appreciate feedback with anyone using such a setup Huh
I’m using two silvers and dialog for my TV optical out and I found that connecting the optical out to left or right has less lag than connecting to dialog. YMMV. But you should definitely get two Golds for stereo. Makes a huge difference.

(15-Jun-2019, 02:54)Yar36 Wrote: Hi all!
There's a bit of this topic scattered across different posts, but I'd like to know how many people are using two phantom Gold's as the speakers to their TV / Home Theatre Setup.

I currently have a single Gold - and have it connected directly to my TV using optical, with little to no lag - and I love it for movies....  I'm thinking about getting a second Gold for stereo - but I'm not sure how the dialogue box works, and if it adds delay (and whether its reliable?).

I've seen some people use splitters, but I think that via a splitter, I'd lose the L/R channel specific sound. 

Anyone with experience? Does having the speakers set-up with a dialogue box work fine?  I guess the optical goes direct into the dialogue box?  Any Lag?  

Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
I’m using two golds + dialogue connected to my pc which is connected to a large tv as a monitor. There is no question that this is the best home theatre setup if you’re not into surround setups. The fact that you don’t need a sub is a nice bonus and stereo With golds is amazing. I’m with trashken, I have optical cables into the right speaker as well and it works flawlessly (you still need dialogue for this setup)
(15-Jun-2019, 07:54)Ryu79 Wrote: I’m using two golds + dialogue connected to my pc which is connected to a large tv as a monitor.  There is no question that this is the best home theatre setup if you’re not into surround setups.  The fact that you don’t need a sub is a nice bonus and stereo With golds is amazing.  I’m with trashken, I have optical cables into the right speaker as well and it works flawlessly (you still need dialogue for this setup)

I am using 2 golds (before that 2 silvers) connected to my tv with an optical cable to one of the Phantoms and no problems at all and sound is really great. The best i ever had.
(15-Jun-2019, 02:54)Yar36 Wrote: Hi all!

If you only intend to use the Phantoms for TV, save your money and do not buy the Dialog.
Instead, buy an optical splitter and another optical cable and set your Phantoms into Direct Optical mode.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Direct-O...ode-How-to

Nb - assuming that your TV has control of volume through the optical output, of course.