Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - Phantom Stopped working
Hello all, 

I've read through this board for the past two weeks in order to best prepare myself for the arrival of my two Phantoms and Dialog. Thanks to some great posts I was able to pre-configure my Airport Express and setup was a breeze. Within minutes I was up and running a stereo setup. I tested the speakers in different parts of the room and everything was fine.

I decided to move the speakers downstairs to check connectivity. I brought them down one by one myself with no obscene amounts of pressure or anything close to it.

To my dismay, one of the phantoms will not turn back on. I hear a faint electric sound buzzing (like a working one would do before it fully boots up). I tried pressing it 3 times, I even tried the 30 second reset. I hear the buzz cut out on the 30 second reset but it just boots back up to this state.

Also, it shows up when I search via bluetooth. I can even connect to it but no music plays. 

The only other thing that I tried during this time was plugging it in via Ethernet. 

Has anyone had a similar issue? Any ideas? I've only owned them for a few hours. I tried calling customer support but got a voicemail.

Thank you!
Email them they will respond fairly quickly. The ethernet port on the Phantom is not operational like many other things.
(15-Dec-2015, 00:54)JPJCarra Wrote: Hello all, 

I've read through this board for the past two weeks in order to best prepare myself for the arrival of my two Phantoms and Dialog. Thanks to some great posts I was able to pre-configure my Airport Express and setup was a breeze. Within minutes I was up and running a stereo setup. I tested the speakers in different parts of the room and everything was fine.

I decided to move the speakers downstairs to check connectivity. I brought them down one by one myself with no obscene amounts of pressure or anything close to it.

To my dismay, one of the phantoms will not turn back on. I hear a faint electric sound buzzing (like a working one would do before it fully boots up). I tried pressing it 3 times, I even tried the 30 second reset. I hear the buzz cut out on the 30 second reset but it just boots back up to this state.

Also, it shows up when I search via bluetooth. I can even connect to it but no music plays. 

The only other thing that I tried during this time was plugging it in via Ethernet. 

Has anyone had a similar issue? Any ideas? I've only owned them for a few hours. I tried calling customer support but got a voicemail.

Thank you!

Try to do e real and correct factory reset and not Parts of it. And do it excactly as the instructions!!!
See www.devialet.com.  Help

Thank you!

Try to do e real and correct factory reset and not Parts of it. And do it excactly as the instructions!!!
(15-Dec-2015, 14:12)Johnnydev Wrote:

Thank you!

I'm not sure where you see something on that site that differs from what I said. This is a single Phantom issue. My other set (Phantom + Dialog) work perfectly fine. I did the Dialog+ Phantom reset for the heck of it with no resolve. If i'm missing something please let me know.

RodRat2 - I did, but figured that i'd pose the question here as well. Thank you. 

I'm in contact with support and will be working through this with them in the near future.

Thank you for your responses.
J:

Did you unplug the power cord from the Phantom receiver (and leave off for several minutes) as well?
Levinson 33 amps, Wilson Grand Slamm S3's, Levinson 32 ref pre and ad/da, Basis Ovation and Rega 40 with JSpall custom tone arms, Lyra, Ortofon & Grado cartridges, Marantz AV 8801, PSAudio phono pre, Devialet Dialog w  5 Gold Phantoms, Wilson powered subwoofer, Watch center, Wilson surrounds, Kaleidescape Movie server, Crestron AV controller and switch, 120 MBS docsis3 modem, 20 MBS xdsl modem, Peplink balance 20 router, Ruckus 802.11ac Wave 2 WAPS plus multi Pakedge WAPs, 48 port POE gigabit switch, NetGear 8TB NAS, Amazon Fire,ROKU and Apple TV gen 4, 12 core Mac Pro, Macbook Air Retina, 65" and 50" Runco TV's. Blue sound node 2, OPPO BDP105D, DSpeaker AntiMode 2.0, Octava HDMI/Optical switch, cabling Nordost for analog, Cardas and wireworld for digital/optical.
(15-Dec-2015, 15:48)ondastar Wrote: J:

Did you unplug the power cord from the Phantom receiver (and leave off for several minutes) as well?

I left the entire setup unplugged overnight and tried the recommended troubleshooting steps again this morning. My novice understanding of electronics is telling me that something is fried, somehow.