Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 x 220 Pro CI upgraded back - no SD cards supplied
My two 220 Pro's just arrived back yesterday and there were no SD cards supplied (which I was informed would be).  

Query - can I use my original SD cards with no issues - 1 is the 4 GB and the other is the 32 GB card.  Any reason using these will be an concern?

Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
Hi, I use my old SD cards with 16GB, without problems.
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Thank you K4680 - to eager to wait so updated firmware and new configs with the original cards and they worked fine.  

Difference with new configurator is I use to be able to set one of my D220 Masters to Companion and then select the d440 but its not letting me do that now.  To correct I just selected Mono on the speaker configs and it seems to be working.  Don't know if that in its self makes any difference.  

Start of 1st hour of playback with Radio Paradise playing.  Will let it run for the day and see if I can hear any differences/changes with the CI update.  Suspect not, but fun to guess my way through the exercise.  The best test I had previously done was to play a vinyl and CD against each other and see how similar/different they are (I'm assuming there were no changes to the Phono section as I find the Phono is excellent for my TT config).  My test album is Nils Lofgren Acoustic Live.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
(10-Mar-2018, 21:46)Jim_Anderson Wrote: Thank you K4680 - to eager to wait so updated firmware and new configs with the original cards and they worked fine.  

Difference with new configurator is I use to be able to set one of my D220 Masters to Companion and then select the d440 but its not letting me do that now.  To correct I just selected Mono on the speaker configs and it seems to be working.  Don't know if that in its self makes any difference.  

Start of 1st hour of playback with Radio Paradise playing.  Will let it run for the day and see if I can hear any differences/changes with the CI update.  Suspect not, but fun to guess my way through the exercise.  The best test I had previously done was to play a vinyl and CD against each other and see how similar/different they are (I'm assuming there were no changes to the Phono section as I find the Phono is excellent for my TT config).  My test album is Nils Lofgren Acoustic Live.
Hello Jim, have fun! Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
To sound better you need to format the SD at least 10 times and that SD card better formatted using Mac, better balanced sound and if you formatted it using Windows you might get distortion in bass!!! Big Grin