Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2000 + Members
I'm sure many of us have noticed the "nearly 2000 members" change to 2000+ members recently.

This made me think that perhaps it was time that we acknowledged the good work of the founders and Administrators Martyn (The mysterious), Guillaume (Le gouverneur) and Rufus (The humble).

I'm sure many of us quietly appreciate their good work and appreciate the value of this site.  A site which in return for it's services asks for nothing, no fees, no banner advertising, no request for contributions, nothing.

There is also a mysterious quality to the forum, which is a credit to both the admins and members, in that by the standards of hifi forums this is a remarkably civil place to visit.  (I am sure I'm not the only one who has witnessed some similar forums periodically descend into the virtual equivalent of total war)

So credit to all concerned.  Personally,  I have benefitted enormously from the advice I have received from a number of members.  Plus, I would like to think that I have assisted one or two folk on here myself.  (without annoying too many I hope)

However, I think the passing of the 2000 members milestone is an ideal opportunity to say a sincere thank you to the founders and Administrators.  

Much appreciated guys!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Couldn't have said it better myself.... Well done DVLAchat team!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(21-Mar-2016, 22:26)Confused Wrote: So credit to all concerned.  Personally,  I have benefited enormously from the advice I have received from a number of members.  Plus, I would like to think that I have assisted one or two folk on here myself.  (without annoying too many I hope)

However, I think the passing of the 2000 members milestone is an ideal opportunity to say a sincere thank you to the founders and Administrators.  

Much appreciated guys!

Well said Confused. Totally agree.
1000%, agreed, congratulations and a huge thank you, guys!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Can not agree more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Spot on Brian

there is a lovely air of respect and friendship on this forum and a huge amount of thanks and appreciation must go to the management (said in my best Hail & Pace impression) along with all you lovely members that make this forum a pleasurable daily visit
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Bravo! Well spotted and well done for posting your thoughts. I missed the member count, but the the 2000+ mark is a milestone that the creators and admins should be very proud of. I have found this forum to be a great resource, even before I bought a Devialet. As were individual members who very kindly helped me through email or PM, when I had other questions.

The point about the civility is also a good one, and I agree that many forums do slide into anarchy fairly easily. We are a civilized bunch, with very good taste in audio gear.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(22-Mar-2016, 03:03)Damon Wrote: Bravo! Well spotted and well done for posting your thoughts. I missed the member count, but the the 2000+ mark is a milestone that the creators and admins should be very proud of. I have found this forum to be a great resource, even before I bought a Devialet. As were individual members who very kindly helped me through email or PM, when I had other questions.

The point about the civility is also a good one, and I agree that many forums do slide into anarchy fairly easily. We are a civilized bunch, with very good taste in audio gear.

Hear, hear
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I agree with Confused!

Thank you Martyn, Guillaume and Rufus. Congratulations with this 2000+ member milestone and well done.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
+ 1

David