Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
220 Pro CI - App / Settings Change on Remote ??
I just got the 220 CI the other day, so far I like it a lot. I'm coming from a Mcintosh MA8900. The McIntosh I find to be warmer but these have a better soundstage with my Focal Sopra No1. 

One big thing I can't seem to figure out is if I am sitting away from my amp and turn the power on with the remote, unless I stand up and walk over and look on top of the amp screen I can't seen to see any indication it's actually on. Or, if it has gone idle and gone to sleep after a while of nothing playing. With the McIntosh you hear a loud click when it turns on if I did this with the remote / Logitech Harmony, and obviously those blue lights are hard to miss. Am I missing something there?

Also,  I hope I'm missing something but in the app for iOS it appears I can only mute and raise / lower the volume. Let's say I wanted to switch inputs with the Devialet remote, it seems like I have to physically get up and walk over to my amp to read the screen atop the amp. 

Or

Let's say I want to switch from music to Airplay to watch TV, say I wanted to turn on or off some setting like ICM whatever it may be, I have to go walk over to the amp to read the screen and adjust things?

Please tell me I've missed something here!
You are correct about not being able to see if it is on if powering on with the Devialet Remote, but you can hear it come on, its loud enough for meto hear from about 8 feet away

As for the IOS app. Under the volume is the source., just tap on this and all of the other sources will show on the screen. Hope this helps
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
disappointing, surprised they overlooked a simple light on the power button in the front of the amp. Much like on Sonos, that you can turn on / off with the app if you don't like.

It's ironic that Devialet touts so much technology with RAM and SAM yet the apps are awful. The Phantom app is horrendous.
(24-Jan-2019, 19:21)believelandcle Wrote: disappointing, surprised they overlooked a simple light on the power button in the front of the amp. Much like on Sonos, that you can turn on / off with the app if you don't like.

It's ironic that Devialet touts so much technology with RAM and SAM yet the apps are awful. The Phantom app is horrendous.

Welcome. There has been a great deal of debate about the physical remote, and that makes for hours of fascinating reading. Have you tried the iOS app?(assumes an iDevice of some sort, I accept). With that app, you can change inputs, turn the amp on and off and of course, adjust the volume. It also tracks the change in volume if you adjust the volume with the physical remote. The app display does show when the amp is on and ready to play. So, I would not rate that app as 'awful', but certainly limited in it's abilities according to the desires of some. Which is totally fair.

RE the light, there is, I thought, a small light under the power button, but if so, is it not very noticeable. My amp is on the dining room table at the moment as we're painting, so I can't check mine. But otherwise it is on a shelf, hidden from view behind a couch, so I can't see it anyway. And yes, I do have to get up and go look at it from time to time. Just part of my cardio routine.

Edit: I see the OP has the iOS app. I missed that in my reading of his post.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
There's a lot still to come with the new CI board. A new remote app is possibly one of them. If and when that comes, NOOOOOObody knows. Not even Devialet.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Ideally the next remote version will contain some kind of oled screen inside the volume dial that mirrors the window on the amp.

That or revamp the iOS app to be more user friendly and up to date. To. To have a dedicated iPad sized app to take advantage of the larger screen is a missed opportunity IMO.

BUT... the remote is a gorgeous piece of kit for sure. My favorite remote so far of all the AV equipment I’ve ever owned.
(24-Jan-2019, 22:44)mmorrison55 Wrote: Ideally the next remote version will contain some kind of oled screen inside the volume dial that mirrors the window on the amp.

That or revamp the iOS app to be more user friendly and up to date. To. To have a dedication iPad sized app to take advantage of the larger screen is a missed opportunity IMO.

BUT... the remote is a gorgeous piece of kit for sure. My favorite remote so far of all the AV equipment I’ve ever owned.

OLED is too power hungry. E-paper or similar ultra low-power displays would be welcome.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
I am using a Logitech Harmony with an IR to RS232 bridge.

My Expert 140 Pro has various commands that I can now switch separately.

[Devialet>POWER=0]; // power off
[Devialet>POWER=1]; // power on

[Devialet>ICM=0]; // ICM off
[Devialet>ICM=1]; // ICM on

[Devialet>VOLUME_BYPASS=0]; // Bypass on
[Devialet>VOLUME_BYPASS=1]; // Bypass off

[Devialet>SOURCE=Digital 1];
[Devialet>SOURCE=Digital 2];
[Devialet>SOURCE=Optical 1];
[Devialet>SOURCE=USB];
[Devialet>SOURCE=Line 1];
[Devialet>SOURCE=Air];
[Devialet>SOURCE=UPnP];
[Devialet>SOURCE=Roon Ready];
[Devialet>SOURCE=AirPlay];
[Devialet>SOURCE=Spotify];

[Devialet>MATCHING_LEVEL=xx]; // set SAM to xxx%
[Devialet>MATCHING_LEVEL=--]; // SAM -1%
[Devialet>MATCHING_LEVEL=++]; // SAM + 1%

It is also possible to create sequences, I have assigned fixed values ​​to the inputs:

(For example, "Line 1" I use as input as a power amp on an AV controller.)
If I select "Line 1", the following commands are sent one after the other:

[Devialet>MATCHING_LEVEL=25];
[Devialet>BALANCE=0];
[Devialet>BASS=0];
[Devialet>TREBLE=0];

If I choose "Roon Ready", the following commands are sent one after the other:

[Devialet>MATCHING_LEVEL=100];
[Devialet>BALANCE=0];
[Devialet>BASS=6.0];
[Devialet>TREBLE=0];
(24-Jan-2019, 15:33)believelandcle Wrote: I just got the 220 CI the other day, so far I like it a lot. I'm coming from a Mcintosh MA8900. The McIntosh I find to be warmer but these have a better soundstage with my Focal Sopra No1. 

One big thing I can't seem to figure out is if I am sitting away from my amp and turn the power on with the remote, unless I stand up and walk over and look on top of the amp screen I can't seen to see any indication it's actually on. Or, if it has gone idle and gone to sleep after a while of nothing playing. With the McIntosh you hear a loud click when it turns on if I did this with the remote / Logitech Harmony, and obviously those blue lights are hard to miss. Am I missing something there?

Also,  I hope I'm missing something but in the app for iOS it appears I can only mute and raise / lower the volume. Let's say I wanted to switch inputs with the Devialet remote, it seems like I have to physically get up and walk over to my amp to read the screen atop the amp. 

Or

Let's say I want to switch from music to Airplay to watch TV, say I wanted to turn on or off some setting like ICM whatever it may be, I have to go walk over to the amp to read the screen and adjust things?

Please tell me I've missed something here!

How are you liking the Sopra No1 with the 220?  Cables used?  They’ve been on my radar for a while!
(11-Mar-2019, 12:53)Ascot Wrote: I am using a Logitech Harmony with an IR to RS232 bridge.

My Expert 140 Pro has various commands that I can now switch separately.

[Devialet>POWER=0]; // power off
[Devialet>POWER=1]; // power on

[Devialet>ICM=0]; // ICM off
[Devialet>ICM=1]; // ICM on

[Devialet>VOLUME_BYPASS=0]; // Bypass on
[Devialet>VOLUME_BYPASS=1]; // Bypass off

[Devialet>SOURCE=Digital 1];
[Devialet>SOURCE=Digital 2];
[Devialet>SOURCE=Optical 1];
[Devialet>SOURCE=USB];
[Devialet>SOURCE=Air];
[Devialet>SOURCE=UPnP];
[Devialet>SOURCE=AirPlay];
[Devialet>SOURCE=Spotify];

[Devialet>MATCHING_LEVEL=xx]; // set SAM to xxx%
[Devialet>MATCHING_LEVEL=--]; // SAM -1%
[Devialet>MATCHING_LEVEL=++]; // SAM + 1%

It is also possible to create sequences, I have assigned fixed values to the inputs:

(For example, "Line 1" I use as input as a power amp on an AV controller.)
If I select "Line 1", the following commands are sent one after the other:

[Devialet>MATCHING_LEVEL=25];
[Devialet>BALANCE=0];
[Devialet>BASS=0];
[Devialet>TREBLE=0];

If I choose "Roon Ready", the following commands are sent one after the other:

[Devialet>MATCHING_LEVEL=100];
[Devialet>BALANCE=0];
[Devialet>BASS=6.0];
[Devialet>TREBLE=0];
Hi,

New 220 Pro owner here, and delighted with it, apart from not being able to integrate it with my Harmony remote.

What IR to 232 bridge are you using?

Thanks,

Nick