Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
220 pro - first hours and disappointed
(24-Dec-2017, 01:51)tavares Wrote: Hello!

I have listened my new 220 pro with infinite core and upgraded dos and firmware and I am disappointed with the sound quality.

I had a Audio Analogue Fortíssimo amplifier, and the sound was warmer and richer.

The seller told me that I should wait some hours to get the best sound quality of my new 220 pro... but, this is true?
I am a little sceptic about this and I am thinking to return the 220 pro... what could you tell me about this?

Thanks,

João

Would it be impertinent to ask how you went about choosing to buy the Devialet?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(25-Dec-2017, 14:30)NickB Wrote:

I have listened my new 220 pro with infinite core and upgraded dos and firmware and I am disappointed with the sound quality.

I had a Audio Analogue Fortíssimo amplifier, and the sound was warmer and richer.

The seller told me that I should wait some hours to get the best sound quality of my new 220 pro... but, this is true?
I am a little sceptic about this and I am thinking to return the 220 pro... what could you tell me about this?

Thanks,

João

Hi!

I am buying my Hi-Fi devices in a shop since 87... they suggested me the 220 pro amplifier, when I decided to upgrade my previous amplifier, a Audio Analogue Fortissimo, as I felt that it sounds fine but there was some space to improve the sound quality of my setup...

I have the PROAC D20R loudspeakers and the MIT MH-750-HE loudspeaker cables...

I listened a 220 pro in the shop and it sounded great... but at my room, the new 220 pro is not sounding as great as I was expecting...
(25-Dec-2017, 14:59)tavares Wrote:
(25-Dec-2017, 14:30)NickB Wrote:

Thanks,

João

Hi!

I am buying my Hi-Fi devices in a shop since 87... they suggested me the 220 pro amplifier, when I decided to upgrade my previous amplifier, a Audio Analogue Fortissimo, as I felt that it sounds fine but there was some space to improve the sound quality of my setup...

I have the PROAC D20R loudspeakers and the MIT MH-750-HE loudspeaker cables...

I listened a 220 pro in the shop and it sounded great... but at my room, the new 220 pro is not sounding as great as I was expecting...
I used to have the D20Rs. Fantastic speakers especially the ribbon tweeters. Our rooms are sure to be different, but I always got great sounds from the combination of the D’s and Proacs.
Give it some time and either your ears will get used to the amp or it’s SQ will change with more use.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I do not remember much about burning on, me D200 is three years old now BUT I have noticed that the SQ changes while playing, especially fron syand by and for the first half an hour approx. The SQ stabilizes when the A amp temp reaches mid 40s.

Check it out during your next listening session

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
(25-Dec-2017, 22:00)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: I do not remember much about burning on, me D200 is three years old now BUT I have noticed that the SQ changes while playing, especially fron syand by and for the first half an hour approx. The SQ stabilizes when the A amp temp reaches mid 40s.

+ 1
Tweaked Mac Mini + Audirvana - Bridge ethernet - Metrum Ambre with RopieeXL - Coax - D120 - Mulidine Cadence
Cables : TWL Digital American - Coax cable : l'atelier acoustik - Ethernet : Monoprice cat5 UTP - Speakers : Duelund 16 awg
(24-Dec-2017, 08:00)tavares Wrote: iamwappieI had the same Experience. If the device is brand new it really needs 100 hours of play first. The difference is considerable

Hello!

Yes, it is brand new, less than 10 hours of use now.

Anyway, it is somewhat strange to me that a digital device needs some hours of use to get the best sound from it... I am thinking that probably is our brain that gets use to it.... and this is not a true upgrade in terms of sound quality...

What you think?

Thanks for your reply,

João

Merry Christmas. My experience is the amps needs many more hours than you would think and I have a hunch that it takes time for the synergy of the amp with your speakers of choice to click, meaning if you were to change out your speakers you would need to go thru with that break-in all over.
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
 Less is More, more or less
(25-Dec-2017, 22:00)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: I do not remember much about burning on, me D200 is three years old now BUT I have noticed that the SQ changes while playing, especially fron syand by and for the first half an hour approx. The SQ stabilizes when the A amp temp reaches mid 40s.

Exactly! That's why I leave mine always on. I think it's a bit more harsh sounding when cold.
Not sure if it's the same with the 220Pro though.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
I don’t hold much sway with burn in to be honest, when I switched from Naim to Devialet there was an immediate impact and change for the better in sound quality, gone was the rather bland and lacking detail Naim sound to a forthright detailed highly engaging sound full of life and detail, imaging, tonal quality Naim could only dream of. Maybe Devialet is just not for you, and that’s ok we are all different.
My old d200 took 4 months to fully break in. The first 2 months i was ready to Throw it out the window. But after 4 months it changed Like Night and Day. So trust us... it will get much much better.
Hello!

Thank you very much for all replies so far.

Well, after one week, I can confirm that the sound quality is getting better.

I can also confirmed that the power cord has influence on the sound that we get from the amp, particularly if we use a coord fully break in.