Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote control issue with reception
The Expert range remote is RF controlled and should not be bothered by a direct line in sight. However when I place it behind the counh, often it does not work or work properly.

Yesterday after days of labour my DYI audio 'rack' was finished and it replaced the old one. Since then the remote does not do anything at all from the listening position. I will replace the old rack this evening but am pretty sure it will work again.

Any idea why this is happening or better, what I can do about it? The 'rack' is only made of wood and there is only one device directly below the Devialet. What causes RF signals to be jammed?

Appreciate your thoughts...
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
Mine is affected by some walls and distance. But works fine in the listening room.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Back home. Don't understand this. In the new rack the D is 10cm lower than in the old situation. No reception at all. Placing it on top of the top rack shelf (20cm higher) perfect reception rendering the new rack totally useless. More people must have such issues I assume as the design apparently allows for this.

Any practical tips or tricks that may influence the reception?
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
Wave the remote around a bit and change batteries , the remote seems to have to pair to the amp...
I often have an unresponsive remote , I am about 7m from the devialet..irritating..
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room