Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is now a bad time to buy Gold?
Hi All,

I am very tempted to buy a gold with a view to get another in the not too distant future but I am wondering, is now a good time to buy? 

With the new one that will likely replace the classic, can we expect an update to the entire premier line or do we think Gold is going to hold out for some years yet? If there were to be any updated model, other than cosmetic, what would they likely improve/change? 

As the gold has been out for a while I am a little nervous that I will buy it and then within a year it will be no longer supported etc. I know no one has a crystal ball but I am just wondering have Devialet confirmed the Gold will have an improved app? Are there any other areas people think the gold could even be improved hardware wise?

Thanks,
Rich
No one here can answer your questions on the enhancements and future of the Gold. We just do not know. The Phantom range is the volume seller for Devialet and I doubt they will do anything to jeopardize the range.

Suggest getting a Gold pair on speaker stands, which I thoroughly enjoy. A single Gold would not have convinced me to purchase; it was a pair or nothing.
(20-Jul-2019, 00:34)Snoopy8 Wrote: No one here can answer your questions on the enhancements and future of the Gold. We just do not know. The Phantom range is the volume seller for Devialet and I doubt they will do anything to jeopardize the range.

Suggest getting a Gold pair on speaker stands, which I thoroughly enjoy.  A single Gold would not have convinced me to purchase; it was a pair or nothing.

+1