Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
440 Pro sound comparison.
@ogs As far as I am aware both AES/EBU and SPDIF are working fine, not only are they working but also sounding fantastic. Apparently due to the onboard word clock on the CI board. At least there is still some hope in that Devialet are not pretending to have a stable OS/Firmware.
Thanks @Rama I hope I am overly pessimistic regarding Devialet and the CI firmware. Let's see what they come up with during January. Pity Devialet did not build a 10MHz word clock input. A Mutec REF 10 + MC-3 + CI Expert would be a fabulous combination! I am looking forward to the CI upgrade although I will probably wait until the firmware is 'stable' and not beta anymore
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
This week my 220 master came back from the CI upgrade, and I finally have both my 220 Pro’s set up as a 440 Pro.

I have noticed that, quite unexpectedly, the sound quality from vinyl has really gone up a few notches over what I had from the D220 CI on its own, much more so than the digital SQ.

I’m not complaining though! I’ve always found vinyl to be in second place to well recorded digital.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus