Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A lot of hot AIR from Devialet - feedback and more
Thanks to everyone who replied to the threads and to the polls.

I fed the results back to Devialet just over a week ago, and was pretty annoyed not to get a reply, so I chased by email today. And I suggested they had taken their eye off the ball and were more interested in Phantom, Dialog, Spark and future products than in Expert, where support appeared to have been curtailed.

Results! I got a reply from one of the founders - and I got it today (Sunday!) - which is encouraging.

As some users will know, there is a beta release of AIR for Windows which Devialet appear to be pretty positive about. They have found the source of the white noise problem - part of the deeper workings of the Windows operating system, but seemingly fixable with a workaround in AIR. Subject to users finding this to be fault free, it looks like the Windows white noise issue may have been resolved.

The piece of software managing the audio sample on both Windows and Mac computers is, apparently, the same, but they know that the precise Windows fix will not work for Mac; but they know where the bug is as part of the Mac OS. They are continuing working on this right now.

Encouragingly, the founder's email said they are dedicated to high end audio, are continuing to invest time, money and brains into the Expert line ("as will be seen at the May Munich show"), and that the Phantom development will not slow Expert development but that the additional resources will create greater innovation opportunities.

Quite encouraging after what seems to have been a communications drought from them over the past few months. I lot of our frustrations could have been reduced had they been more forthcoming with progress reports, so hopefully they will learn from these mistakes.

I did say to them that we users expect them to be as good with fault solutions after 4 years as Rolls Royce Motors are after 111 years - but that that is one of the delights of launching an incredibly innovative and successful company!

Ian
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Bravo Ian! That does sound like very positive news. Thanks again for your persistence which seems, at last, to have provoked some reassuring words from someone in a position of authority at Devialet.

I agree completely that a lot of frustration and possible bad feeling towards Devialet could have been avoided if only this communication had come more freely and frequently. It seems that Devialet's engineering team really have been working behind the scenes to fix various problems with the Expert series - so it surprises me that they have not been more forthcoming about this. (I know everyone has had the "engineers are working on it" line from the support staff, but it is impossible to tell from that alone that real progress is being made.)

Anyway, let's hope that there is more positive news ahead.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(19-Apr-2015, 19:29)IanG-UK Wrote: Thanks to everyone who replied to the threads and to the polls.

I fed the results back to Devialet just over a week ago, and was pretty annoyed not to get a reply, so I chased by email today. And I suggested they had taken their eye off the ball and were more interested in Phantom, Dialog, Spark and future products than in Expert, where support appeared to have been curtailed.

Results! I got a reply from one of the founders - and I got it today (Sunday!) - which is encouraging.

As some users will know, there is a beta release of AIR for Windows which Devialet appear to be pretty positive about. They have found the source of the white noise problem - part of the deeper workings of the Windows operating system, but seemingly fixable with a workaround in AIR. Subject to users finding this to be fault free, it looks like the Windows white noise issue may have been resolved.

The piece of software managing the audio sample on both Windows and Mac computers is, apparently, the same, but they know that the precise Windows fix will not work for Mac; but they know where the bug is as part of the Mac OS. They are continuing working on this right now.

Encouragingly, the founder's email said they are dedicated to high end audio, are continuing to invest time, money and brains into the Expert line ("as will be seen at the May Munich show"), and that the Phantom development will not slow Expert development but that the additional resources will create greater innovation opportunities.

Quite encouraging after what seems to have been a communications drought from them over the past few months. I lot of our frustrations could have been reduced had they been more forthcoming with progress reports, so hopefully they will learn from these mistakes.

I did say to them that we users expect them to be as good with fault solutions after 4 years as Rolls Royce Motors are after 111 years - but that that is one of the delights of launching an incredibly innovative and successful company!

Ian

Very promising and thanks for reporting back. I'm now very curious what Munich High End will bring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(19-Apr-2015, 19:29)IanG-UK Wrote: Thanks to everyone who replied to the threads and to the polls.

Ian
Hi Ian,

Many thanks for this feedback - hopefully a final solution for Windows users, well maybe Confused !

How is it going with your Antipodes dem?

David 
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(19-Apr-2015, 19:51)brit Wrote: IanG-UK

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for this feedback - hopefully a final solution for Windows users, well maybe Confused !

David 

I've sent you a PM on the Antipodes David
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(20-Apr-2015, 08:06)IanG-UK Wrote:
(19-Apr-2015, 19:51)brit Wrote: IanG-UK

Hi Ian,

David 

I've sent you a PM on the Antipodes David

Thanks Ian,

Read and replied.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Ian

Brilliant work Ian! I think this is just what the forum needed to hear.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Thanks Ian. That's terrific!
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Ian

Ian once again thank you for all the work you did to bring this to their attention.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I got the beta version and the white noise still occurred. I has happened on each of the three times I have used it since.
For me what appears to solve it is having my laptop closer to the Router. So far everytime I have done this I have had no issues. This has nothing to do with the beta version though as I was still running 2.13 then.

Steve
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I too am still getting white noise. It seems to run longer before white noise on HD files, but about the same on CD quality which is my main source. I now get heavily distorted but still recognisable music before the white noise starts. I use a windows 8.1 PC and want to keep it or any laptop out of my listening room because of fan noise.