Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AES/EBU at > 88.2
Does anybody drive any of the physical digital inputs at > 88.2. I am playing around with my Chord Blu which can output at 44.1, 88.2 and 176.4. The 44 and 88 rates are correctly shown on the Devialet display but the 176 shows at just 88. Thanks in advance...
Chord Blu > D200 > Martin Logan Ethos : Saddleworth, England
I have a Blu ray player, that will also play SACD via PCM. This is connected to the Devialet via SPDIF and will run to 192 khz per the Devialet's display.
(20-Jan-2015, 10:53)Tony Wrote: Does anybody drive any of the physical digital inputs at > 88.2. I am playing around with my Chord Blu which can output at 44.1, 88.2 and 176.4. The 44 and 88 rates are correctly shown on the Devialet display but the 176 shows at just 88. Thanks in advance...

I have a Chord Blu too. It has the old standard high sample rate spec outputs which require two links/cables/inputs to the DAC. Older Chord DACs had these double inputs (I had an Appogee DAC with the old style dual inputs too), I do not know about more recent ones for backward compatibility. More recent equipment only needs a single cable and input for higher sampling frequencies.
Very few modern DACs have the dual cable inputs for high sample rates. The Devialet doesn't either so if you switch the Chord to 176.4 output but only connect one of the output cables it isn't working as designed and I believe that you are getting only one channel which will probably be playing through both speakers in mono.

I have used my Devialet with AES at 192kHz with more recent devices that use only one cable without problem.
In summary the Devialet does not have the correct pair of inputs to receive the 176.4 output of a Chord Blu, but is fine with the latest equipment up to 192.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

F1... thanks for the reply... I understand about the dual output... I used to have the dac64 which needed the two cables... also understand that I will only get a single channel at a time... I am just experimenting... I do get only left or right depending on which output from the Blu I plug the cable into but would still have expected the higher sampling i.e. 176 to show. Perhaps the Blue is 'aware' that both outputs are not connected and refuses to go past 88?
Chord Blu > D200 > Martin Logan Ethos : Saddleworth, England
(21-Jan-2015, 13:13)Tony Wrote: F1... thanks for the reply... I understand about the dual output... I used to have the dac64 which needed the two cables... also understand that I will only get a single channel at a time... I am just experimenting... I do get only left or right depending on which output from the Blu I plug the cable into but would still have expected the higher sampling i.e. 176 to show. Perhaps the Blue is 'aware' that both outputs are not connected and refuses to go past 88?

Sorry Tony, no idea what you will get, just know it is wrong!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire