Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AES/RCA link possible if i use AES input?
Hoping someone can help me with a quick question rather than me searching through heaps of posts!

I am using the AES/EBU input on my Devialet 1000. I am looking to purchase a XLR->RCA cable as the link between the 250 mono's. If i am using AES/EBU as the digital input, can i also use a XLR/RCA as my digital link? Or will i be retsricted to coax/coax only?

Thanks Smile
Yes, you can use the AES/EBU input on the master and run an RCA/XLR link cable from the coax digital output on the master to the AES/EBU input on the slave. That's how my 440 is set up.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I also use the AES/EBU connection and found it to sound noticeably better than RCA/RCA.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
Please, what cable are you using?
(01-Dec-2017, 17:39)OliveiraJr_1962 Wrote: Please, what cable are you using?

I use the "CASA" from http://funk-tonstudiotechnik.de/Audiokabel-digital.htm in 0,5 meters length.
Devialet 440pro CI - TAD CE-1
Antipodes K50
Bauer Audio DPS3 iT/v.d.H Colibri XGP LW
Germany
I use this cable designed for Devialet: http://www.cabledyne.com/devialet.html
I use the 110 Ohm variant.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I am also using the cabledyne rca->xlr.

I now have it hooked up so the devialet is being fed via AES/EBU, and the link is RCA->AES.

One final query, now that i am using the rca->xlr does that mean i can no longer use the trigger cable?
(02-Dec-2017, 09:40)wikeeboy Wrote: I am also using the cabledyne rca->xlr.

I now have it hooked up so the devialet is being fed via AES/EBU, and the link is RCA->AES.

One final query, now that i am using the rca->xlr does that mean i can no longer use the trigger cable?

Yes, that’s correct. This is how mine are configured.
South Coast England