Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MacBook Air USB Audio switching from 2.0 to 1.0 [El Capitan]
I haven't been using my macbook as a source into the 200 in a very long time, but I recently began using Roon and for now i must use the macbook.

The problem I'm having is in the sound settings the 200 will randomly switch from 2.0 to 1.0. When this happens I can no longer stream hi-res and I must reboot the computer. It works fine for awhile and then it switches again.

Anyone else have similar problem and solution?

thanks.
I can't specifically help you but Apple clearly have problems with USB in El Capitan.

They have a new beta 10.11.2 where a requested area of focus is USB.

I have my own problems with USB and El Capitan - see my own thread. For the moment I have given up and am using airplay.
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
After Jobs, Apple is going south on software development while Microsoft is improving on theirs.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(29-Oct-2015, 09:28)canyelles Wrote: I can't specifically help you but Apple clearly have problems with USB in El Capitan.

I have my own problems with USB and El Capitan - see my own thread. For the moment I have given up and am using airplay.

It's really frustrating. I've tried everything I can think of, reinstalled Yosemite, reset pram and smc, changed USB cables, but it still happens. There's no way to repeat it reliably--it just happens out of the blue.
(29-Oct-2015, 18:51)DJ 04 Wrote:
(29-Oct-2015, 09:28)canyelles Wrote: I can't specifically help you but Apple clearly have problems with USB in El Capitan.

It's really frustrating. I've tried everything I can think of, reinstalled Yosemite, reset pram and smc, changed USB cables, but it still happens. There's no way to repeat it reliably--it just happens out of the blue.
Is this occurring with all players? e.g. iTunes, Audirvana, Vox, Amarra etc. ? Also, have you checked and corrected Permissions and cleaned caches?
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(29-Oct-2015, 19:03)avta Wrote:
(29-Oct-2015, 18:51)DJ 04 Wrote:

Is this occurring with all players? e.g. iTunes, Audirvana, Vox, Amarra etc. ? Also, have you checked and corrected Permissions and cleaned caches?

DJ, as I report in the other thread, clearing caches has had an effect on the messages I am seeing in the console log. I don't know yet whether or not it has actually solved my USB issue but it is worth you trying it.

Thank you avta, I am hopeful this is a solution to my problem
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50