Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR + Ethernet + Mac Mini + El Capitan
Hello.

Has anyone using a Mac Mini running Roon core, with a direct ethernet connection between the Mac Mini and Devialet gotten AIR to work?

Mine will not output sound, using USB it works great.

Mac Mini, Roon Core on Mac Mini, direct ethernet connection between Mac Mini and Devialet, AIR set the ethernet. Exclusive mode on Roon setup for AIR. 

I have wireless running on Mac Mini as well to stream music from my NAS.

Thanks!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Roon's Exclusive mode audio setting is not working for AIR on Mac.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Thanks Gary - lord knows I wasted way too much time today trying to get it to work. I see you have switched to a NUC and Windows 10 using AIR via ethernet, is that correct?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Yes, that's correct. I changed to NUC + Win10 to make AIR works on Exclusive mode for Roon. And it works flawlessly for me.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Ok great - I am going to try this now with a Windows laptop running Windows 10. I just had to google how to assign IP address for the ethernet port as I am not as familiar anymore with running Windows. Hopefully it will work as well for me as for you.
SXSW, US
Please be forewarned that AIR is resource hungry and very finicky. Though I managed to get my Win 10 Tablet with only 2GB RAM to stream AIR-wifi successfully to my Le200 for 16/44.1 and 24/96 music, 24/192 will cause white noise. Try stop all unnecessary programs/processes when you are trying out on your laptop. You can download Fidelizer (Free version) to help reduces the processes for better result.

If you encounter problem, PM me or follow up on this thread, I will try to assist you. When AIR works well, you will appreciate all the simplification of your hifi rack with lesser interconnects and cabling around.

Thanks Gary - so far I have gotten it working on my Windows 10 laptop with 8Gbs memory. I am running Fidelizer too. Sadly the laptop has rebooted a few times since then usually after playing a few tracks (DSD & 24/88). So I have downloaded the 64 bit Roonserver to see if that helps, and I suspect I need to tune my system further. RoonServer is re indexing library too which i suspect doesn't help the resource load, will let you know how I fair and will PM you if assistance required.

Well crashed again - on the AIR driver, so going to table this till the morning.

Thanks!

Barr

p.s. and yes my goal is to remove all the USB cabling and toys from the system.
SXSW, US
Try updating to latest 1511 Win10 update. Use CCleaner to uninstall AIR and clean up the registry. Then, reinstall AIR again.