Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR installation on mac - what am I doing wrong?
Problem solved....
There is about 2mm play in the ethernet connection on the back of the 120. Push the Cat 5 cable in and it starts working. Same with all my cables...

Now to get Qobuz working :-(
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

(03-Feb-2015, 00:01)DelaneyB Wrote: Problem solved....
There is about 2mm play in the ethernet connection on the back of the 120. Push the Cat 5 cable in and it starts working. Same with all my cables...

Now to get Qobuz working :-(

Oh the importance of having those cables connected properly Rolleyes ! Glad all now resolved Smile ! Good luck with the next phase - get that Qobuz working!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(03-Feb-2015, 00:01)DelaneyB Wrote: Now to get Qobuz working :-(

I've found Qobuz Desktop Player to be a bit finnicky about selecting Devialet AIR as the output device.  For some reason, I have to re-do this each time I start the desktop player, and furthermore I have to first select a different output device then re-select Devialet AIR otherwise it doesn't seem to have any effect.  (This was true on Snow Leopard and is also true on Yosemite.)  May be unique to me, but thought I should point it out to save possible head-scratching...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(03-Feb-2015, 14:35)thumb5 Wrote:
(03-Feb-2015, 00:01)DelaneyB Wrote: Now to get Qobuz working :-(

I've found Qobuz Desktop Player to be a bit finnicky about selecting Devialet AIR as the output device.  For some reason, I have to re-do this each time I start the desktop player, and furthermore I have to first select a different output device then re-select Devialet AIR otherwise it doesn't seem to have any effect.  (This was true on Snow Leopard and is also true on Yosemite.)  May be unique to me, but thought I should point it out to save possible head-scratching...

Looks like it is MacOS that is having glitches. I have been experiencing a similar situation in a completely different setup. I was having my Mac connected through USB to an external DAC and I was able to get everything but one application playing through that DAC, and the application at fault was not offering any means to select which sound card to use, so it should have been using the system defaults....

This was on Mavericks.

Similarly, on the same mac, depending on which user account I am, it will automatically switch to that external DAC when I connect it whether it won't on an other account.

From that perspective, Air being nothing else than a sound card, similar glitches can happen.

Best regards,
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(28-Jan-2015, 09:00)thumb5 Wrote: Glad you got it sorted.  Please could you let us know what the command was, in case anyone else need to use it?

Thanks!

Here is Devialet's instruction:
"The only way to remove all Devialet AIR from the audio MIDI is through the Termina.
As every software manufacturer, we recommend to backup your datas before using the Terminal. Once you are sure all your sensible information are backed up, you will to enter the following line in the Terminal :

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/DevialetAIRAudioDriver.kext
You will be prompt to enter your password. Please note that when you will enter it, nothing will appear on your screen.
Press enter and then restart the computer."

It worked for me and I did not screw anything up (easy with terminal)!
(03-Feb-2015, 21:10)Music or sound Wrote: sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/DevialetAIRAudioDriver.kext

No prize for subtlety, then... Smile
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Thanks, got Qobuz working too Smile

Now this ethernet connection. I'd like to try a better cable - i.e one with a more robust plug, before taking it further.
Any suggestions?
BUT please no 'snake oil/voodo' 'audiophile' cables, after all ethernet cables use TCP/IP protocol so anything more than 'well-made' is just psychological, like electrons liking to flow in one way in a directional cable.....
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

(03-Feb-2015, 21:54)DelaneyB Wrote: Thanks, got Qobuz working too Smile

Now this ethernet connection. I'd like to try a better cable - i.e one with a more robust plug, before taking it further.
Any suggestions?
BUT please no 'snake oil/voodo' 'audiophile' cables, after all ethernet cables use TCP/IP protocol so anything more than 'well-made' is just psychological, like electrons liking to flow in one way in a directional cable.....

I can recommend the Chord C-Stream if you want something decent that does not cost a small fortune.