Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
El Captain
Team,

For what it's worth, I have upgraded recently my Mac mini to El Captain. I use the latest version of audirvana as a player (Direct mode). The Mac mini is connected by USB to the D250. In short, I was impressed by the sonic improvement the change to El Captain delivered.

Improvement may in fact not be the right word, it should probably be "recovery". I now realize that my system had lost some of its brilliance these past months, and I am not wondering whether some kind of bug in Yosemite was the origin.

Anyway, El Captain works great for me.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1