Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR quality
Well, it has been so highly debated topic among us that I'm posing this question for us to discuss further:

If Devialet claimed that AIR is a better interface as no wire means lesser resistance and noise interference from wired interconnects. But, wouldn't this means both the music server (which usually our PC/Mac) and our Devialet must also be connected wirelessly to our router for it to be truly wireless?

Anyone using such wireless connections on both ends and still achieve good results with no dropouts?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(23-Mar-2015, 11:04)hk6230 Wrote: Well, it has been so highly debated topic among us that I'm posing this question for us to discuss further:

If Devialet claimed that AIR is a better interface as no wire means lesser resistance and noise interference from wired interconnects. But, wouldn't this means both the music server (which usually our PC/Mac) and our Devialet must also be connected wirelessly to our router for it to be truly wireless?

Anyone using such wireless connections on both ends and still achieve good results with no dropouts?

I was doing exactly this with no problem ever since my system was tuned to get a good signal at the Devialet, use a different channel to every other wifi network in range and got rid of my Android phone. Then all of a sudden recently my wifi signal as picked up by the Devialet dropped so low that it only just registered on the Devialet display but was not strong enough for Air to see it on my iMac. I haven't tried to de-bug this yet, but until now Air worked fine from de-bugged version 1 on my D-Premier. It had a setback when V2 came out which was then resolved. I still had the odd rare dropout which was fixed by running Onyx on my mac to clean up the caches etc. and did not come back until another cleanup was required.
I should say that a Mac which is on 24/7 probably doesn't need Onyx since most of the maintenance scripts run automatically if you never shut down.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

The only objective reason why Air on WiFi could be better is because of the electrical decoupling. Which means that only the hop between the AP and the Dev counts.

I have been unable to hear any difference between WiFi and Ethernet so I'm not sure there is any real difference.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(23-Mar-2015, 17:22)Jean-Marie Wrote: The only objective reason why Air on WiFi could be better is because of the electrical decoupling. Which means that only the hop between the AP and the Dev counts.

I have been unable to hear any difference between WiFi and Ethernet so I'm not sure there is any real difference.

Well, my D200 is wired to my switch. So, I'm technically half-AIRed. Big Grin  And, still music to my ears.

My D200 wifi signal detection is pretty weak even though my other devices can receive the wifi signal well. I guess Devialet wifi antenna is not good. And, my wifi router is just less than 15m on the same floor level. 
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(24-Mar-2015, 00:36)hk6230 Wrote:
(23-Mar-2015, 17:22)Jean-Marie Wrote: The only objective reason why Air on WiFi could be better is because of the electrical decoupling. Which means that only the hop between the AP and the Dev counts.

My D200 wifi signal detection is pretty weak even though my other devices can receive the wifi signal well. I guess Devialet wifi antenna is not good. And, my wifi router is just less than 15m on the same floor level. 

Yes wifi signals could be weak or not designed well or there is some interference around the AIR (wifi/radio card). My AE sits like within 2 feet of my Devialet. i only do wired as wifi drops are more prominent. sometimes i dont see the AIR_WIFI option in the AIR app on macbook at all.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"