Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR streaming - occasional short skips
Now that the over-voltage fault seems to be completely resolved with the last FW, it's time to focus on less conspicuous issues.
I experience occasional (relatively rare) short skips with AIR streaming (JRiver, both Windows 7 and 10 on different PCs). It's as if some frames were lost. If I pause the music right after this problem occurs, it still plays for a few seconds - the duration of the AIR buffer, which tells me that there is no networking issue of any sort.
I wonder if anyone has experienced a similar behavior.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II
A few days ago I returned to using AIR instead of DLNA, and I noticed a tiny 'blip' of no sound every 15sec or so.
I had to increase the hardware buffer size in the AIR settings to 500ms to eliminate it. (The one where you have to unlock the setting to change it). Bit disappointed that 250ms wasn't enough.

I tried increasing all other buffer size options, but this was the only one that worked.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(20-Aug-2019, 13:04)JohnnySix Wrote: A few days ago I returned to using AIR instead of DLNA, and I noticed a tiny 'blip' of no sound every 15sec or so.
I had to increase the hardware buffer size in the AIR settings to 500ms to eliminate it. (The one where you have to unlock the setting to change it). Bit disappointed that 250ms wasn't enough.

I tried increasing all other buffer size options, but this was the only one that worked.

Oh, my buffer is already 2 seconds big! And, to be honest, in my case, the problem only happens about once a week. Probably, related to some computer activity, but I can't figure out what it is.
I'm on the border of buying a JRiver Id NUC, and starting feeding Devialet via USB.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II