Poll: Have you experienced dropouts when using AIR?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No
24.00%
18 24.00%
Yes
42.67%
32 42.67%
Yes and the dreaded white noise too
21.33%
16 21.33%
White noise only
12.00%
9 12.00%
Total 75 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR user survey
I've experienced dropouts with Wifi, but never with Ethernet. I've not had whitenoise, but I sometimes have the 'chipmunks sound' when using AIR. I didn't vote because the poll doesn't support these problems.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
I have had a Devialet since before the Air module was available (and fitted them myself when they sent them to me) and have used Air since the very first issue of version 1.
I have had dropouts, huge problem initially which got resolved by a combination of moving the router about to maximise signal strength, setting the wifi channel to one not used by any other wifi in range and software updates. In the end V1 worked well here.
V2 is totally different and since I did not need to do much with it I am less familiar with its workings.
Dropouts are rare and associated with other wireless traffic (an Android phone causes frequent problems IME since it seems to busy itself on the network without "permission" pretty frequently).

I have never had white noise with any version of anything. I have used a Mac mini, iMac and Macbook pro without problems.
I prefer iTunes to all the others I have tried since it just works. If there is a SQ difference between others it is too small to be worth the hassle of using them IMHO. I am lazy and prefer listening to music to messing about trying to get a streaming solution to work Smile
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Likewise ethernet with no drop-outs.

I've been visited by the white noise demon but not for the last month. Don't know what that means.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Me too. Ethernet no drop outs. But I voted wrong I have experienced the white noise.
Me too.
I find the question of this poll not specific enough btw. It's not clear if it means that you've -ever- experienced the mentioned issues using any version or only using the most current release of both the firmware and AIR software.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Hi new guy here... After 5 days with my D200 and of trying different set ups I have not been able to get WiFi streaming to work very well at all. My music files live upstairs on an always on Windows Home Server. I have no way to get Ethernet cable to my Devialet downstairs.

What I have set up is a dedicated wireless router via switch that has line of site to the D200 about 18 feet away (everything is gigabit with cat5e). This works flawlessly 100% of the time sending music to my Server 2012 box beside the D200 with USB (JRiver), files up to 24/192 (either on the 5GHz or 2.4GHz band).

Playback is totally untenable with Air WiFi - constant white noise & drop outs. If I play music from my iOS devise to WiFi, looking at say 95% success with occasional drop outs. But that will be for the wife to play back that way.

With many people saying they prefer WiFi or Ethernet streaming sound over USB I was anxious to try it. My solution was to add a USB drive with the music files on it to the server box beside the D200 and connect it via Ethernet cable. So this works really well, no issues at all. This will require additional work to keep to separate music folders organized unfortunately.

Over the course of the next week or so I will see if I can notice any difference is SQ - very quick initial impression is that if there is any it is very minor.

It however leads me to believe the WiFi card in the D200 or its implementation may be weak?

Any way 2 cents and I love this forum, thank you!

Matthew
Devialet 400; KEF Reference 3; custom built Server 2012 with JRiver & Audiophile Optimizer; med grade wall socket; 10 AWG speaker cable bi-wire & un-terminated; AudioQuest Carbon USB with Jitterbug; Shunyata Venom 3 power cables.
Smile 
Using my D-premier and AIR via WiFi I did experience dropouts and white noise issues, especially with highres titles. After my update to D-250 and using AIR ethernet and after installing the latest firmware, I don't have any issues at all. I do stream with JRiver and Qobuz from a Windows 8.1 HTPC and a NAS. It's sounding great.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Hello,
I answered "white noise only" because I did not spent much time with AIR. When I discovered this problem, quickly after trying AIR, and read the relevant topic in this forum I gave up streaming with AIR immediately. So maybe I would have drop-outs too Huh
Best regards,
Sylvain
PS : Devialet 800, Windows based PCS, Jplay, USB.
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
Drops outs with WIFI
Static noises with Ethernet (not really white noise)

iMac (Mavericks) > wifi > router > ethernet > Devialet 200

Now upgraded to yosemite so not using AIR.
Using iMac > Wifi > Apple TV > optical > Devialet 200
No problems using Apple TV
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50