Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The jump from D200 to D400
(10-Nov-2015, 09:55)teddlesdee Wrote: I went with some Triangle Signature Delta? at around 4.5k when I got my first D200 and the combination was very good.
Then later decided to add a companion, thus D400, and I have to say I have not regretted this move.

There was a marked difference, even to my old ears, with clearer highs, tighter lows, overall better definition. So it actually brought out the best in the Deltas.
Since then, I hanker after a better speaker as I wonder what I am missing sonically (don't we all!), however I am painfully aware that the limiting factor is more likely to be the performance of my ears.

Nevertheless, worth trying when I have time....Don't get me wrong, the Deltas are way better than I expected, and improved by the move up to D400, and they are Wife-friendly, so when I have time I want to try some WA Sabrinas although I think I would have to sell my soul (or maybe the Wife!) to afford!

Great post and very interesting. The Triangle signature Alpha? are on my shortlist. They are about 6k. i think that the 400 would be too good for my 23s but it wouldnt make them any worse i would doubt, and I dont drive them to crazy volumes. The speakers could be upgraded later.
I think the 400 would make my system better, it has to surely.....but yes the speaker upgrade would be done at a later date.
I would think selling your soul is cheaper than selling your wife....in the long run Big Grin
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(10-Nov-2015, 09:53)completeluxury Wrote: no i didnt mean that at all! the d400 definitely wont make your system even brighter. i mean your speakers have a natural tendency to be a bit bright.

you could most definitely use an equaliser/convolution to tame the brightness but it does require a little bit of technical knowledge.

Cool I ditched my Roland equalizer many, many moons ago, and always regretted it, but fashions and audiophile opinions change as the years go by. They were the rage in the 70's but became frowned on in the late 80s if I remember right.

So....That is why I went back to use JRiver Mr Luxury! cos you can do that sort of thing, software-wise! Still trying to get my head around all the options and configs though. Itunes has the ability to individually tweak each track, as well as globally as I found out yesterday (never thought to look before), so I wonder if JRiver can do the same (which would be good).
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(10-Nov-2015, 10:03)Womaz Wrote:
(10-Nov-2015, 09:55)teddlesdee Wrote: I went with some Triangle Signature Delta? at around 4.5k when I got my first D200 and the combination was very good.
Then later decided to add a companion, thus D400, and I have to say I have not regretted this move.

There was a marked difference, even to my old ears, with clearer highs, tighter lows, overall better definition. So it actually brought out the best in the Deltas.
Since then, I hanker after a better speaker as I wonder what I am missing sonically (don't we all!), however I am painfully aware that the limiting factor is more likely to be the performance of my ears.

Nevertheless, worth trying when I have time....Don't get me wrong, the Deltas are way better than I expected, and improved by the move up to D400, and they are Wife-friendly, so when I have time I want to try some WA Sabrinas although I think I would have to sell my soul (or maybe the Wife!) to afford!

Great post and very interesting. The Triangle signature Alpha? are on my shortlist. They are about 6k. i think that the 400 would be too good for my 23s but it wouldnt make them any worse i would doubt, and I dont drive them to crazy volumes. The speakers could be upgraded later.
I think the 400 would make my system better, it has to surely.....but yes the speaker upgrade would be done at a later date.
I would think selling your soul is cheaper than selling your wife....in the long run  Big Grin

Actually Womaz (don't you hate people who start a sentence with "Actually"!), these Deltas are the very same (In piano black) that scared my wife rigid (hee-hee) when they turned up unannounced a good 7 months ago! Being very 'little' they are the same height as her! ...but given time, she has learned to live with them thankfully! Got them on a whim direct from France - Now like them a lot! The Alphas I would think, would be even better given the extra woofer & taller. ...but, you know.... we are a restless bunch, always thinking the 'grass-is-greener...' Wink
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(10-Nov-2015, 10:16)teddlesdee Wrote:
(10-Nov-2015, 10:03)Womaz Wrote:

I would think selling your soul is cheaper than selling your wife....in the long run  Big Grin

Actually Womaz (don't you hate people who start a sentence with "Actually"!), these Deltas are the very same (In piano black) that scared my wife rigid (hee-hee) when they turned up unannounced a good 7 months ago! Being very 'little' they are the same height as her! ...but given time, she has learned to live with them thankfully! Got them on a whim direct from France - Now like them a lot!  The Alphas I would think, would be even better given the extra woofer & taller. ...but, you know.... we are a restless bunch, always thinking the 'grass-is-greener...'  Wink

Actually I dont Big Grin . That was brave to buy without hearing them or seeing them. I think with speakers I would be terrified to do that. Saved you a lot of cash though by the sounds of it as they retail at 6k.
I tend not to be a one for constantly changing. in the last 16 year I have only changed my set up three times, but the Devialet has brought such a huge improvement that yes.....it has me tinkering!
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(10-Nov-2015, 10:41)Womaz Wrote:
(10-Nov-2015, 10:16)teddlesdee Wrote:
(10-Nov-2015, 10:03)Womaz Wrote: Great post and very interesting. The Triangle signature Alpha? are on my shortlist. They are about 6k. i think that the 400 would be too good for my 23s but it wouldnt make them any worse i would doubt, and I dont drive them to crazy volumes. The speakers could be upgraded later.

Actually Womaz (don't you hate people who start a sentence with "Actually"!), these Deltas are the very same (In piano black) that scared my wife rigid (hee-hee) when they turned up unannounced a good 7 months ago! Being very 'little' they are the same height as her! ...but given time, she has learned to live with them thankfully! Got them on a whim direct from France - Now like them a lot!  The Alphas I would think, would be even better given the extra woofer & taller. ...but, you know.... we are a restless bunch, always thinking the 'grass-is-greener...'  Wink

Actually I dont  Big Grin . That was brave to buy without hearing them or seeing them. I think with speakers I would be terrified to do that. Saved you a lot of cash though by the sounds of it as they retail at 6k.
I tend not to be a one for constantly changing. in the last 16 year I have only changed my set up three times, but the Devialet has brought such a huge improvement that yes.....it has me tinkering!

Then, Mi-LUD, I rest my case! Tongue