Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding another 220 Pro to make 440 Pro
I'll be taking possession shortly of a second 220 unit to make a 440 Pro CI set.

Couple of questions: 

1) I'll have 2 remotes. Will both remotes work on my system?
2) Will I need to have both units with SD cards of the configuration file or just use the SD card in the Master unit and leave the Slave unit with an empty SD slot?

Thanks!
1) Yes, but you need only one.
2) Two different configuration files, one for each unit.
You can enable two remotes in the configurator. I keep one next to my listening position and the other next to the Expert Pros. Works great.

As @daniel.avasilichioaei noted, you'll need 1 SD card configured for master, and another for slave. Easy enough to do from the configurator. But note, there is a known bug with the configurator for dual mono setups that creates problems when you re-edit an existing configuration. It has been reported and acknowledged, but no fix in site as far as I know. So you just need to remember to configure from scratch each time. A pain when you have to do it, but hopefully you won't need to reconfigure very often.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Also, don't change bass and treble settings. There is another bug: changes are applied to master unit only.
(30-Sep-2020, 18:09)mdconnelly Wrote: You can enable two remotes in the configurator. I keep one next to my listening position and the other next to the Expert Pros. Works great.
Yup, I intend to have a remote near the units and another one on the couch with me. Smile

(30-Sep-2020, 18:09)mdconnelly Wrote: As @daniel.avasilichioaei noted, you'll need 1 SD card configured for master, and another for slave. Easy enough to do from the configurator. But note, there is a known bug with the configurator for dual mono setups that creates problems when you re-edit an existing configuration. It has been reported and acknowledged, but no fix in site as far as I know. So you just need to remember to configure from scratch each time. A pain when you have to do it, but hopefully you won't need to reconfigure very often.
This is good to know. Will make sure to configure from scratch every time a change is needed.

(30-Sep-2020, 17:53)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: 1) Yes, but you need only one.
2) Two different configuration files, one for each unit.
Thanks! I see the option to download cfg files next to each of the units in the Devialet configurator so will keep that in mind.

Thanks for the responses!