Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adjust Bass / Treble ?
I do like to be able to adjust Bass / Treble l( equalization) Levels to my taste is that possible on the Phantoms ?
could not find anything about any adjustments in the manual.
However in Spotify there is a function but the times I've tried it it felt like the sound quality got worse.
Before you judge me for wanting to possibility to adjust the sound ... I'm a former Professional Sound Engineer, so yes I do have "some" understanding and knowledge about sound quality

Right now I do use a magic little box named DSPeaker 2.0 in my High-End set-up. the DSPeaker is a DAC / DSP  / Room correction device http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/20-dual-core.shtml and I do have some thoughts of actually still use that for one of the Phantom pairs, however that will not work for all Phantom speakers in a multi-room configuration so that is why I would like to be able to simply adjust the sound to my taste.

Any feed-back much appreciated.
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
Do you want to adjust the Spotify sound only or adjust sound of your music streaming from your server? If you want to adjust Spotify sound and you have to use Spark, there is not much you can do on Spark.    Do you have a dialog?  You can easily adjust the local streaming if you use a third party server e.g. JRiver and stream the adjusted sound to Dialog via optical. You can't adjust the sound between the dialog and phantoms except via Spark.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
Spotify allows you to use sound EQ. Since Spotify isn't streaming to Phantom, probably equalization is done by Spotify client on it.

There are rumors that Devialet is working on some kind of room correction software, which could be included into Spark in the future.
Which rumors?