Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air (Ethernet) Problem
As Roon seem to be the de facto streaming software developer for Devialet, and it works very effectively, you might be wiser to steer in that direction. Too many tales of woe about switches and AIR.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(10-Jul-2020, 06:07)bbv Wrote: I am not big fun of Roon (yet) so still looking for ideas for solution.

I am not suggesting you use Roon as a player, just as temporary trouble shooting. Roon is the only program that has an AIR implementation outside of Devialet (and better than Devialet's). Just copy one or two music tracks to a new folder and point Roon to use this as it's music folder. If ethernet AIR does not work with Roon either, you've got a network problem to solve.
Is your PC on ethernet or wifi by the way?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(10-Jul-2020, 08:19)ogs Wrote:
(10-Jul-2020, 06:07)bbv Wrote: I am not big fun of Roon (yet) so still looking for ideas for solution.

I am not suggesting you use Roon as a player, just as temporary trouble shooting. Roon is the only program that has an AIR implementation outside of Devialet (and better than Devialet's). Just copy one or two music tracks to a new folder and point Roon to use this as it's music folder. If ethernet AIR does not work with Roon either, you've got a network problem to solve.
Is your PC on ethernet or wifi by the way?

OK, I will do that and let you know, 
Many thanks
(10-Jul-2020, 05:58)Marietto Wrote: @bbv 
suspend the windows 10 firewall, very likely that is it
Hi Marietto, thanks for the suggestion, it is already closed.

Beware that air wifi is working on my computer but air eth is not working.
(10-Jul-2020, 06:38)Gerronwithit Wrote: As Roon seem to be the de facto streaming software developer for Devialet, and it works very effectively, you might be wiser to steer in that direction. Too many tales of woe about switches and AIR.
Hi Herron, I will try and let you know about roon.
(10-Jul-2020, 05:31)bbv Wrote:
(10-Jul-2020, 00:42)mdconnelly Wrote: So are you going ethernet to router, then ethernet from router to your Devialet?  I hate to state the obvious, but have you swapped ethernet cables to verify you don’t have a bad one?

Many thanks for the support !

Well, fiber to router then ethernet cable from router to devialet. So no way to swap cables,

Devialet can able to get the ip so I assume no problem with cable.

Right, if your Devialet is picking up an IP when ethernet wired (and wifi off), then that would imply that your router to Devialet connection is good.

So when using wifi successfully, are you still running fiber to your router or wireless all the way?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Hello everybody,

Here is the updates after your suggestions :

1- Related Network Speed
I bought a new simple switch and speed is 100 MBPS . Good news is devialet able to get IP just like without switch. Bad news is still no sound coming from devialet in ETH. So we can ensure that it is not related 1 Gigabit ethernet problem

2- About Roon Suggestion
I install latest version of the Roon. Good news is I can enable both WIFI and ETH as an endpoint of Roon. Another good news is I can run tidal inside roon without any problem using WIFI end point of Devialet (IP Number 192.168.1.2) But bad news is when I try to play something ETH Endpoint of devialet I continiously get "Audio Device In Use" .

I can not fix this problem rebooting machine or devialet. In fact I found this problem is happened another devialet 250 owner :
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/audio-d...-use/93501

All in all, despite spending my days , I could not run devialet from eth

Many thanks for everybody all the supports, but I really very unhappy with my experience,

Cheers.
(12-Jul-2020, 16:22)bbv Wrote: ...
But bad news is when I try to play something ETH Endpoint of devialet I continiously get "Audio Device In Use" .

Just to be sure: are you certain that Devialet's AIR is not connected to your 250 via Ethernet? If you are testing with Roon's version of AIR, it might be wise to uninstall Devialet's AIR software from your PC for the duration. (I assume you have the installer so can easily reinstall it afterwards.)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
If AIR is on your PC, disable it or delete it. If you say that you have a successful Ethernet connection to your Devialet then configure the Devialet without WiFi - hopefully that will prevent any contention. Launch Roon and again hopefully it will identify and control the Devialet.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
Hello Gerron and thumb5
I completely uninstall all AIR software then use Roon,

Did not try yet to disable WiFi in the config of devialet, but I suspect that will solve the problem,

I will let you know that,
Cheers,
Bbv