Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Wasapi not available in windows 8.1
I recently bought a nuc5i3 for a direct ethernet connection to Devialet. I use Jriver. After downloading the air 2.1.3 driver air wasapi is not available in jriver.

Has anybody had trouble installing air 2.1.3. During the first install there was a conflict with the privacy settings of windows 8.1. I did a reinstall but still no wasapi air. I have turned air wasapi on in Air 2.1.3.
Devialet 220pro - Sonus Faber Olympica II - Moon Neo 260D - Oppo BDP103 - Lessloss DFPC Signature - Lessloss Firewall - Intel NUC - AQ USB Coffee

The Netherlands
I have used Windows 8.1, JRiver, AIR 2.1.3 with WASAPI, so I can at least confirm that it can be done. One thought, I presume you have selected Devialet AIR as your sound card in the Windows GUI? My apologies if this is stating the obvious, but if you don't, then AIR WASAPI no longer appears as as an option in JRiver, so this does at least fit with what you have described.
Thanks I will try. Will disable windows firewall as well.
Devialet 220pro - Sonus Faber Olympica II - Moon Neo 260D - Oppo BDP103 - Lessloss DFPC Signature - Lessloss Firewall - Intel NUC - AQ USB Coffee

The Netherlands
Thanks solved after an upgrade to Windows 10. In Windows 8.1 Devialet Air application was always crashing.

The Netherlands
Is it a headless NUC? I logged a bug last year where AIR crashed when you disconnect a Remote Desktop session, under certain settings of AIR. Someone posted a workaround to that recently and I can't remember what it was!

Edit - this was the post.
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1599
This was indeed part of the problem. I was planning to run it headless iwth remote desktop. . But this is not working. I am planning to use JRiver with Jremote. I am looking for Intel NUC headless solutions. I lovve the fact that the dropouts and white noise is gone :-)

The Netherlands
Slightly off topic, but it does look like Arjan's issue is solved. I did try using remote desk top a little while ago, and could not get it to work at all. The intent was to get the full screen from a Windows PC on an iPad. Is it correct that you need a "professional" version of the Windows operating system, that is remote desktop will not work with Windows 10 "home edition" or similar?
@Confused, correct.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands