Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air and OSX EI Captain, your feedback here
I don't know why, but I have a lot of trouble with this new OSX El Captain . Connection wiith Air Ethernet is goog but not with Air Wifi (better for SQ when it woks wrt ethenet), the connection is diffcult and not stable. I had no problems with Yosemite.
I use a mac mini 2012 and an airport extreme with the last firmware.
I have asked a support from Devialet, they answer that the AIR application is not yet updated for El Captain.
I think  have to downgrade to Yosemite Confused
It is very strange and disturbing , if AIR firmware is so sensitive with OSX.
Again a good reason to whish a streaming solution without a Mac or PC OS.
Devialet 1000Pro > Leedh E2, subwoofer 20.1 > Esprit Volta cables > Mac-mini with Air wifi > Wilson Benesch full Circle
I updated to El Capitain, but the new version of "Mail" seems to only work with web based servers and seemed not to be able to find or display my 11+ years of emails I have on my Mac pro.
It seems to be yet another step towards iOS for computer.
I haven't been impressed by OS10 since Mavericks personally.
I went back to Yosemite from my backup without trying Air.

I am still old fashioned and like to keep all my own backups. The iCloud seems to be poorly adapted to doing this.

I may try El Capitain on my music dedicated iMac but since I had my first experience of the pulse jet noise with Air on Yosemite I went back to Mavericks on that machine and since it works fine all the time on Air I am reluctant to bother with further updates. Yosemite was a definite downgrade for me as far as sound was concerned on my iMac.

Still prefer CD and LP Wink

I consider these updates rather than upgrades as they are changes in functionality with improvements for some areas but not others.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I don't know if it is a definitive solution for me since it is still a bit early to tell, but since I completely uninstalled and nuked the automated update daemons of Google as well as disabled automated updating of Microsoft, flash and java, I have not had a single drop for the last two days while I was having at least a couple of dropouts every days with El Capitan and about once a day with Mavericks.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
After my problems with OS X El Captain, I have done a complete reinstall with my original OS X Mountain Lion for my mac-mini.
First, now I have no dropout and a good stability of Air wifi, but furthermore, the magic of the SQ is come back !
I didn't realise, but after the previous udate of Yosemite, the SQ was not so good. I thought, that it becomes a habit and it was normal that I was not always surprised by the excellence of the D800.
Now, I think that AIR is really very good, but it is very sensitive to the Mac environment (OS X, but also maybe other installed software). In conclusion, I think, I have to keep my mac mini without new updates and to use it only for music streaming or small process, or to go with a dedicated streamer (For example Melco).
Devialet 1000Pro > Leedh E2, subwoofer 20.1 > Esprit Volta cables > Mac-mini with Air wifi > Wilson Benesch full Circle
So frustrating: I got a new Mac with 10.11.2, but AIR crashes on startup. It says "The AIR Virtual Soundcard Driver could not be loaded", whatever this means. Has anybody solved this?

So I play my music via PureMusic and AES/EBU which has a slightly better SQ than ethernet. But frustrating it is!
(17-Dec-2015, 11:55)Mohmm Wrote: So frustrating: I got a new Mac with 10.11.2, but AIR crashes on startup. It says "The AIR Virtual Soundcard Driver could not be loaded", whatever this means. Has anybody solved this?

So I play my music via PureMusic and AES/EBU which has a slightly better SQ than ethernet. But frustrating it is!

I find myself corrected: re-installing AIR did the trick. And of course there is no hickup (noise) at all. Wonderful.