Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sirius XM
Maybe this is a stupid question but how do I listen to Sirius xm on my phantoms?  Do I do something in spark or through my devialet account? The phantoms are hooked up through PLC in my house.

Thanks
(26-Nov-2019, 15:39)McG Wrote: Maybe this is a stupid question but how do I listen to Sirius xm on my phantoms?  Do I do something in spark or through my devialet account? The phantoms are hooked up through PLC in my house.

Thanks
You can't unless Sirius XM has its own app compatible with AirPlay or UPnP.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(26-Nov-2019, 21:48)ragwo Wrote:
(26-Nov-2019, 15:39)McG Wrote: Maybe this is a stupid question but how do I listen to Sirius xm on my phantoms?  Do I do something in spark or through my devialet account? The phantoms are hooked up through PLC in my house.

Thanks
You can't unless Sirius XM has its own app compatible with AirPlay or UPnP.
I know you can stream Sirius XM though I am not sure if it is matter of using Bluetooth (probably not so simple) or just getting a proper streaming device connected.  The Sirius XM website lists numerous streaming devices so worst case scenario would be getting the app for a PlayStation or Apple TV and connecting it to the phantoms if the XM phone app doesn’t allow streaming directly to the phantoms.
SiriusXM is not available in my region on the AppStore, but a quick search shows that it is Airplay enabled.

Therefore the simplest solution would be to listen to it using your phone, Mac or iPad and select you phantoms via AirPlay, either directly in the app, or via the control center/ audio settings.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(27-Nov-2019, 07:54)Jean-Marie Wrote: SiriusXM is not available in my region on the AppStore, but a quick search shows that it is Airplay enabled.

Therefore the simplest solution would be to listen to it using your phone, Mac or iPad and select you phantoms via AirPlay, either directly in the app, or via the control center/ audio settings.

Jean-Marie
I left my iphone at work so I will see if it works this weekend. Thanks for your responses.