Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deactivate PLC Networking?
Since I setup a stereo pair with my Reactor 900s, ARC circuit breakers in our home have been tripping. The electrician identified the new second Reactor as the culprit. Because I am connecting the stereo pair through Ethernet I don’t need the PLC networking functionality which I believe messes with the ARC circuit breakers. Is there any way to turn off PLC?
(18-Dec-2019, 12:37)Dreuther Wrote: Since I setup a stereo pair with my Reactor 900s, ARC circuit breakers in our home have been tripping. The electrician identified the new second Reactor as the culprit. Because I am connecting the stereo pair through Ethernet I don’t need the PLC networking functionality which I believe messes with the ARC circuit breakers. Is there any way to turn off PLC?
Hi!  I would like to understand how the electrician identified the reactor as the culprit?  I have 6 reactors all plugged into outlets protected by Arc Fault breakers and don't have any issues...
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
Yes that's really weird. All Phantom products (Dialog included) use the HomePlug AV 2 PLC standard. This peer-reviewed standard is designed specifically to prevent interferences with other electrical equipments. I've seen a lot of devices cause trouble for the PLC connectivity but never the other way around.
(19-Dec-2019, 00:51)njaiswal Wrote:
(18-Dec-2019, 12:37)Dreuther Wrote: Since I setup a stereo pair with my Reactor 900s, ARC circuit breakers in our home have been tripping. The electrician identified the new second Reactor as the culprit. Because I am connecting the stereo pair through Ethernet I don’t need the PLC networking functionality which I believe messes with the ARC circuit breakers. Is there any way to turn off PLC?
Hi!  I would like to understand how the electrician identified the reactor as the culprit?  I have 6 reactors all plugged into outlets protected by Arc Fault breakers and don't have any issues...
Here is feedback from the electrician: we used an afci tester that shows us the arc cause either in the wiring or in the appliance plugged in. The tester is a Siemens IDT5000 Arc fault diagnostic tool. 
(19-Dec-2019, 21:46)raph972 Wrote: Yes that's really weird. All Phantom products (Dialog included) use the HomePlug AV 2 PLC standard. This peer-reviewed standard is designed specifically to prevent interferences with other electrical equipments. I've seen a lot of devices cause trouble for the PLC connectivity but never the other way around.
It is really weird. The circuit the Reactors are on worked just fine until LED lighting on another circuit was switched on. Then, after about 10 minutes, the circuit the Reactors are on tripped. The electrician installed a different circuit breaker and the circuit the Reactors are on hasn’t tripped since then. After another breaker tripped the other day I set Ethernet as the communication mode for the stereo pair and will track how things work going forward.
(19-Dec-2019, 21:46)raph972 Wrote: Yes that's really weird. All Phantom products (Dialog included) use the HomePlug AV 2 PLC standard. This peer-reviewed standard is designed specifically to prevent interferences with other electrical equipments. I've seen a lot of devices cause trouble for the PLC connectivity but never the other way around.
It is really weird. The circuit the Reactors are on worked just fine until LED lighting on another circuit was switched on. Then, after about 10 minutes, the circuit the Reactors are on tripped. The electrician installed a different circuit breaker and the circuit the Reactors are on hasn’t tripped since then. After another breaker tripped the other day I set Ethernet as the communication mode for the stereo pair and will track how things work going forward.