Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airplay start volume always -69dB
Would be great if someone could help, whenever I connect with a device via Airplay the volume jumps down to -69dB on my Expert Pro, can I change this anywhere? In the configurator I have set all inputs to -40dB for startup.
(18-Apr-2023, 16:53)Joe Wrote: Would be great if someone could help, whenever I connect with a device via Airplay the volume jumps down to -69dB on my Expert Pro, can I change this anywhere? In the configurator I have set all inputs to -40dB for startup.

Same happens for me. I don't think it is 'fixable', Airplay must have some default volume setting that can't be changed (or at least I haven't found a way).

Out of interest, is your Expert Pro switched on or off before you start the Airplay session?

Reason for asking, for me this happens:
1) Expert pro switched on -> connect iPhone to Expert Pro via Airplay -> music plays at -69dB
2) Expert pro switched off -> connect iPhone to Expert Pro via Airplay -> Expert Pro wakens form sleep mode -> tries music playback at -40dB (default) -> no sound from speakers -> I manually switch AirPlay sources from Expert Pro back to iPhone then back to Expert Pro -> music plays at -69dB

Curious to know if option 2) is what you experience too. It only takes a ~10 seconds to resolve but I can't imagine it's the user experience Devialet intended.
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
Thanks for your answer! I can confirm this behavior 2), same here.
With volume at -69dB I can't hear anything when not with my ear right at the speaker, so I never know if something is already playing. Using Airplay mainly for guests I always have to stand up and watch the amplifier display to not crank up the volume too much when they start something which does not play immediately.
Same thing happens here
Devialet 220 pro expert; Focal 1028 Be; Rega RP6; Ortofon Quintet Black
In Configurator, the minimum startup volume setting is -60dB. I'd like to set it to -69dB.

Does anyone know how to manually adjust this, e.g. in the configuration file?
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable