Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Album Artwork
iTunes can only find album artwork for about a third of the albums in my library. I guess this is because many of the albums are ripped from original 80's and 90's cd's.

Does anyone know any cunning ways of obtaining the missing artwork? I don't fancy taking digital photo's of all those old cd boxes, might take a while....
(13-Jul-2014, 11:08)Confused Wrote: iTunes can only find album artwork for about a third of the albums in my library. I guess this is because many of the albums are ripped from original 80's and 90's cd's.

Does anyone know any cunning ways of obtaining the missing artwork? I don't fancy taking digital photo's of all those old cd boxes, might take a while....

Hi - download the free version of MediaMonkey(or dbPoweramp), point it at your library and sit back and be amazed at just how crap iTunes is at album art and tagging! Save off your existing iTunes library somewhere before you do this in case of SNAFU.

ATB, Ken
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
I second that. Media Monkey is quite good. If you're still missing some you can add them by hand in MM as well. Just do a google images search for the album art, save it somewhere and import in into MM. Or just forget about the pretty pictures, close your eyes and listen to the music.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
For my album artworks, two solutions : find them on google and choose the best one, or take the qobuz ones, which are good quality and size...