Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Pro's are Masters?
(27-Sep-2017, 00:17)marcor Wrote:
(26-Sep-2017, 23:37)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Nope. I've sort of resigned to the fact that selling it will not have a significant impact on my bank account so it's probably going to end up in the bedroom.

Hey Pim,

is it a 250 expert?

No mate. Mine is a 200. Flo owns a 250
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Ah!
ok I am tinkering with the idea to upgrade to my 250 Pro to a 1000 but I haven't really found the courage to take the plunge.
If you had one, just the other side of the ditch perhaps we could have work out something.

thanks anyway
M
(27-Sep-2017, 03:29)marcor Wrote: Ah!
ok I am tinkering with the idea to upgrade to my 250 Pro to a 1000 but I haven't really found the courage to take the plunge.
If you had one, just the other side of the ditch perhaps we could have work  out something.

thanks anyway
M

Just do it - the difference is significant!

I tried it the other way - I have a 1000 Pro and as I was bored one afternoon I configured it up as a single 250.  The soundstage was much narrower, I lasted 10 minutes before putting the system back as a 1000 Pro.

I did also try the companion as a master.  You can pair the remote with it, and when you plug in the RJ45 you get activity lights come on, however the 1000 Pro Companion wouldn't pick up an IP address even when using a config as a 250 Pro.  It was otherwise totally disconnected from its partner, so there must be something in the firmware that disables the ethernet input on the companions.

My question is at some point Devialet said that whilst the unit was back getting the new streamer board, they were going to make some other PCB modifications - to me that would necessitate the master and companion having to go back as in theory they'd both need the modifications to remain 'the same' - I suspect that might be more Devialet BS...
To be honest since putting a Roon Rock in, the whole thing just works.  I'm not convinced this streamer board isn't going to fix one thing but break another.  Part of me wants to leave it as it is!
It's hard to say what the new OS/streaming board will bring - Devialet has yet to release any real details. But I suspect all future firmware updates will depend on it.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(26-Sep-2017, 23:08)flohmann Wrote:
(25-Sep-2017, 17:09)Confused Wrote: I have picked up some very intriguing information which has surprised me enormously.  Apparently all 'upgraded to Pro' Experts are now Masters, that is both Master and Companion included the Ethernet 'Duet' board during upgrade.

Another rumour.  For dual mono customers, Devialet are considering the request of the return of both Master and Companion, with the consideration being that both get the new Core Intelligence board.

One thing I have checked, my 1000 Pro companion (bought new, not an upgraded Expert) does indeed have an Ethernet socket, I am sure that the old Expert companions did not?  So as surprising as this information might be, I think it could be correct.

Have you tried running your 1000 Pro companion as a free standing 250 Pro? Since many of us will be shipping our 1000 Pro Master units back to France for the new board, it would be nice if we could rely on the remaining unit while the Master is away. Of course, perhaps this means that both Master and Companion will have to be shipped back if they both get the new board?

No, I have never tried the companion as a 'standalone' amp, although per pjlarge's recent post, it does look like the remote will work with a companion, as should all inputs except maybe AIR Ethernet.  So with the master away getting the 'Core Intelligence' upgrade, this would at least leave dual mono users with one working Devialet to keep the music flowing.  Unless of course both master and companion are to be returned, this looks like the big question.

Only a month to go now, how time flies.....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
So for a 440 Pro - that’s actually two identical 220 Pros?
(29-Feb-2020, 23:55)markush Wrote: So for a 440 Pro - that’s actually two identical 220 Pros?

Yes.
I have 140 Pro. When I added the second one, and they become 210 Pro. Everything is identifying it as 210 Pro: firmware and model on display (on each unit - master and companion), Roon etc.
Yes all Pros are Masters, of configuered