Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative Stand for Phantoms!
(06-Aug-2016, 23:54)WTree Wrote:
(06-Aug-2016, 21:49)robbla Wrote:
(06-Aug-2016, 21:12)ASH1976 Wrote: Just made a stand for my Phantom!!!!   Machined from solid aluminum

You should make a few more, you could sell them on here I would think they would generate a lot of interest..

+2 
Nicely done stands. If I may ask, how much did it cost you?
I did a sparkling silver powder coating on the full stand.  Dont know, maybe white would have looked a lot better...... Confused   Will change in the future  Smile  

It cost me a total of about US$ 300 for 2 stands......  But the standing pipe is also a 10mm thick aluminium pipe.  I had the pipe lying in my stock so just used.... Maybe such a heavy pipe is not really required.....  Just made the stands as a hobby project.....

If anyone is interested to make,  I can send the CAD (Solidworks) files...  If anyone wants to buy, I can make as well......

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I would love a copy of the drawings - that's a really kind offer Smile

Thanks! Jamie (UK otherwise I would ask you to make me some!)

Kind regards
Jamie
Really nice stands! Smile
I would also love to have a copy of the CAD drawings. I live in Norway, so shipping of finished stands would be rather expensive. PM sent.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Nice work! I'd be interested in buying a pair of stands from you. Does the top part of the stand have a little cradle area to secure the Phantom or is it flat? Also, what's the height of the stand, I'd like mine to sit a bit higher than the Devialet tree stands.
Bravo !! Very cool stands!! very ingenious!!

300 USD is for both parts and labor? or do you have access to a CNC and did the machining by yourself?
(07-Aug-2016, 05:37)ASH1976 Wrote:
(06-Aug-2016, 23:54)WTree Wrote:
(06-Aug-2016, 21:49)robbla Wrote: You should make a few more, you could sell them on here I would think they would generate a lot of interest..

+2 
Nicely done stands. If I may ask, how much did it cost you?
I did a sparkling silver powder coating on the full stand.  Dont know, maybe white would have looked a lot better...... Confused   Will change in the future  Smile  

It cost me a total of about US$ 300 for 2 stands......  But the standing pipe is also a 10mm thick aluminium pipe.  I had the pipe lying in my stock so just used.... Maybe such a heavy pipe is not really required.....  Just made the stands as a hobby project.....

If anyone is interested to make,  I can send the CAD (Solidworks) files...  If anyone wants to buy, I can make as well......

Any chance I can get a copy of the plans ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you want to keep the cost down the Q Acoustic concept 20 stands work very well and look nice in white. I didn’t notice any audible improvement after buying the Trees. The only downside is stability, if you have kids or a larger dog they would be at risk but it wouldn’t be that difficult to attached something to secure the Phantoms.