Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I getting Hi Res Music
Hi Al,

Just a quick question which may also expose my ignorance here!Blush

I have a Devialet 200 with my source being a Naim NDX Network streamer. My NDX was one of the first units from Naim and does not have Hi Res music capability. I have connected my NDX to the Devialet using the digital out and therefore the Devialet DAC is being used (not the NDX). I now seem able to stream my music by 'Native' output so my question is:- Is my Devialet now my streaming the music in Hi Res where my NDX could not (i.e. through the DAC)?

Hope this makes sense and it will avoid me having to up-rate my NDX for about £400!

Best regards
Long press the left remote button. The display will show the bit rate you are running.
Evening All! Just bought my first 96/24 file - from HDTracks website (Eric Clapton & Friends - The Breeze). Most of Clapton's albums are well recorded/produced so I wondered how much better a 96/24 file would be compared to the CD format? Currently my music library is all AIFF CD rips stored on an iMac using the latest version of iTunes. Question; I cannot tell much difference playing this 96/24 file selecting in Dev AIR 2.1.2 the format 24 bits/96000 Hz or the CD default of 16 bits / 44000 Hz so it's another quality recording but what's the real point of this manual function of selecting bits/Hz?