Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amarra vs. ROON
(13-Mar-2018, 15:10)petrik Wrote:
(13-Mar-2018, 15:04)Alve Wrote: Even roon gave me (the transport is in use) error.

This is a know issue in Roon & Devialet and both companies are currently working on this. The only way to solve this issue now is to unplug the power cord from the Devialet.

That helped. Thanks for the tip. On another note, both roon and Audirvana now are working, sq on Audirvana is definitely better to my ears. Also Audirvana imported 20 000 tracks more. What I have found Audirvana needs more than 4gig ram to play dsd as it uses ram close to the maximum of my 4gig ram and hence music breaks... as much as roon is awesome SQ and playing all my tracks including sacd rips matter the most. So I stick with Audirvana
Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia
(13-Mar-2018, 15:04)Alve Wrote: Hi Kevin

I tried Amarra to no avail, as It simply could not find my devialet with the CI in the window where you chose output (I got only HDMI and own output options and no devialet)... how did you connect your amarra? Audirvana does see devialet and sounds good, but man it is horrible as a control app... either my mac mini (late 2014 1,4 4gig) makes it slow and not worcable. The song management is just so bad compared to Lumin app that I'm used to. With lumin everything just works great. I wanted to sell the lumin, but now I'm scratching my head in thoughts... Functionally I do not need it, but what I tried of the players with mac don't work well.... Even roon gave me (the transport is in use) error. even after I reinstalled MAC OS... anyone has an advice? maybe my mac mini is the problem?

regards
Alex

Hi Alex

Make sure the Amarra settings are as shown below. If you still hear nothing then disable air (while Amarra is playing track) and then immediately re-enable Air (WiFi or Ethernet) - don't quit Air.  I find Air often does not connect with these players first time and you often have to disable/enable to 'lock on'

Regards

Kevin

Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     
(14-Mar-2018, 11:52)KIBM Wrote:
(13-Mar-2018, 15:04)Alve Wrote: Hi Kevin

I tried Amarra to no avail, as It simply could not find my devialet with the CI in the window where you chose output (I got only HDMI and own output options and no devialet)... how did you connect your amarra? Audirvana does see devialet and sounds good, but man it is horrible as a control app... either my mac mini (late 2014 1,4 4gig) makes it slow and not worcable. The song management is just so bad compared to Lumin app that I'm used to. With lumin everything just works great. I wanted to sell the lumin, but now I'm scratching my head in thoughts... Functionally I do not need it, but what I tried of the players with mac don't work well.... Even roon gave me (the transport is in use) error. even after I reinstalled MAC OS... anyone has an advice? maybe my mac mini is the problem?

regards
Alex

Hi Alex

Make sure the Amarra settings are as shown below. If you still hear nothing then disable air (while Amarra is playing track) and then immediately re-enable Air (WiFi or Ethernet) - don't quit Air.  I find Air often does not connect with these players first time and you often have to disable/enable to 'lock on'

Regards

Kevin

Hi Kevin, thanks for helping. Somehow I cannot chose Devialet. I do not have an option to chose it in the settings in the output Dropbox. The only 2 options I get built in output and HDMI. It does not see Devialet even if I switch betwin air and upnd....
Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia
Alex that is frustrating. Are you Windows or Mac? All I can suggest is reset by unplugging Devs for 10 seconds and maybe reinstalling Air driver on your computer? I think CI has some form of memory as once something locks up in my system I usually can cure it by resetting. If that fails then drop Devialet an email. Hope you get it to work - Amarra is definitely the best 3rd party player I have had in my system.
Regards

Kevin
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK