Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An update
[Image: d6300b62032374c398073888705a1011.png]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Groundbreaking thanks Devialet Smile
Unfortunately it’s actually worse than if they just left it how it was. On an iPhone X the interface is ridiculous now. They couldn’t be bothered to take a 1 minute code change and work it for 9 minutes more so it’s actually usable. I appreciate their effort at all but wtf.
Devialet Phantom (White)
(19-Oct-2018, 20:37)kmjy Wrote: Unfortunately it’s actually worse than if they just left it how it was. On an iPhone X the interface is ridiculous now. They couldn’t be bothered to take a 1 minute code change and work it for 9 minutes more so it’s actually usable. I appreciate their effort at all but wtf.

Could you upload some screenshots? I'm on Android and would like to compare the UI's
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
The best way I can show it is like this with the phone borders. The interface shouldn’t be squashed up at the top or the bottom. The volume slider being squashed below means when changing volume you’re also changing apps with the gesture based home control.

It looks terrible. Whereas before it was simply an app with borders which is still not nice but better than this poor implementation.

[Image: e6e3a219675cb982ec689eb83d7cdbf7.jpg]
Devialet Phantom (White)
[Image: 872330ae9b09fb349e4eb7955904df8e.jpg]
Devialet Phantom (White)
Well it fixed the problem with my iPad Pro which I am grateful for. They worked with me to diagnose and publish test versions for my device. I agree they should tidy up the X though as there will be lots of them soon.
Kit: 2 x Devialet Phantom Gold’s plus 3 year Phantom care packs, White tree stands, Dialog, Phantom Remote. Use jRiver, Spark, Roon with a HiFiBerry RAAT using a fibre output.