Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another 140 pro with preamp or power amp in connection?
Hi,

I am user of 130pro that update firmware to 140 pro, which means the existed system physically don’t have any preamp card on it. So my question comes, when I am going to do upgrade for getting more power to the speaker, shall I buy another 130pro/140pro to work as mono block? Or install the preamp card on my existed one with finding a power amp instead?

Another question is about building the 210 pro mono block, is either one devialet expert necessary to have preamp card for connection or just actually two 130 pros without preamp board just fine.

Kenny
Two 130 pros without preamp board is just fine for dual-mono.
Thanks, and I read some of the threads that also said so. But then some said it is not so stunning for mono block of 130pros. Would it be worth to just install the preamp card on the existed one and get a real power amp after that?
I'd suggest not. You'd loose most of what Devialet is about. ADH - Analog-Digtal-Hybrid in the power stage. The preamp card is basically output from a DAC, with or without volume control (analog line in goes straight to an ADC for digitizing).
If the 130 or 2x130 is not good enough I suggest you sell the 130 and buy something else entirely.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB