Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another streamer to add interest in!?
(23-Jul-2015, 16:04)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(23-Jul-2015, 14:13)Mikeeo Wrote:
(23-Jul-2015, 11:04)completeluxury Wrote: its just a custom built pc...

Like most other streamers I guess! Anyway the price is heavy and as someone mentioned, without VAT added. The proof will be in the SQ.

I will lend my ears to it/Mike

In the "cost no object" category there is also the new Metronome Technologies Music Center 1 to look out for:

http://www.metronome-technologie.com/en/...gy.f6.html

I caught a very quick glance of it in Munich but can't say much more about it I'm afraid. It should come out in September this year. No idea on price but bound to be expensive! 

Guillaume

That one looks good especially as at seems to allow WIFI to pad without router, switches, and extra cables!
(23-Jul-2015, 20:36)Confused Wrote:
(23-Jul-2015, 19:58)Mikeeo Wrote:
(23-Jul-2015, 16:04)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(23-Jul-2015, 14:13)Mikeeo Wrote:
(23-Jul-2015, 11:04)completeluxury Wrote: its just a custom built pc...

Like most other streamers I guess! Anyway the price is heavy and as someone mentioned, without VAT added. The proof will be in the SQ.

I will lend my ears to it/Mike

In the "cost no object" category there is also the new Metronome Technologies Music Center 1 to look out for:

http://www.metronome-technologie.com/en/...gy.f6.html

I caught a very quick glance of it in Munich but can't say much more about it I'm afraid. It should come out in September this year. No idea on price but bound to be expensive! 

Guillaume

Looks interesting as well, thanks G! An interesting autumn around the corner....

/M

It does indeed look interesting.  The funny thing is, in comparison to their CD players, which look fairly epic, the Music Center 1 looks a little cheap and dull.  (in comparison, I emphasise)

there arent a lot of case options for them. the one they use is a streacom FC10 and its about as good as they get at this point for fanless cases that are tall enough to fit almost any cpu.

they use a supermicro motherboard and they have terrible board layouts for fanless cases there arent any that can fit in a smaller height board with no heat riser pipes.

I dont particularly think this is a no cost spared project though - the cpu in the photo says 2.0ghz so unless they are using stock photos it seems like a weak cpu.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Yep, I agree with completeluxury, the Lampizator Komputer, built to the specs of Elberoth (I know him from computeraudiophile.com and jplay.eu) is something we can all build using parts we can all source.

It's almost the same as my music server and in effect a mix of a CAPS and Pipeline specced machine with an additional JCat battery PSU on the SSD (the only dual rechargeable battery at least I know of) and a JCAT USB card (instead of the SoTM) with AO and Windows Server 2012R2. Don't know what LPSU they're using but I suspect it's either a HDPlex or Teradak. It will be interestimg to see pics of the full solution to confirm that what's not mentioned in the specs. Perhaps they also threw in some Paul Pang stuff. The things missing are a Regen and JPlay. Smile

They also don't make a secret of it as they write: "There is no rocket science in our Komputer. Anybody can, and really SHOULD make such one for himself. It just takes time and money to buy EVERY part from a different vendor from a different country."
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
not everybody has the time or inclination to build PC's and antoine and i can both attest to what a good audio pc can do so in that regard i believe it will be a good product!
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Well an update!

Visited Lukasz today to have a listen to Komputer. I am pretty sure he is right that it could be build by anyone however, time parts, getting a proper chassi, build a outboard psu with 4-5 different regulation etc etc is not everyones cuppa, certainly not mine. There are other offerings on the market in the same price range so everyone have to decide if the SQ, practical use etc is worth the money.
The machine is loaded with 2 SSD and also a 4TB HDD. Any kind of input/output can be had at request. The machine is made for streaming DSD (up to 512 DSD I believe). All signals goes through a DSD conversion (including feed PCM). The machine, I believe can be set to output PCM.
There are 4 processors and only one of them is handling 'normal' PC duties. During music replay the CPU never passed 10%. System is said to be carefree when it comes to any 'latest' software upgrades as the whole system is programmed for music reproduction (Swiss company/guy who did this).
Ripping can be done as well and very fast. 
The chassi is a real sweet piece and it looks the cost for sure.

Lukasz played it in a pretty low fi system (to Lampizator standards) however no slouch system. Listened first on Redbook recording and what hit me was how flowing the music came out (reminded me of vinyl playing) and everything was reproduced in its stride and not as I have heard on many other streamers (including my own Unitiserve) slightly stressed/forced reproduction. Mind you that the PCM was converted into DSD. Switching to DSD and in my listening case 128 DSD, WOW, sound like a superb vinyl rig, even more natural flow of the music, separation, timbre, dynamics etc etc. This just confirmed what I've heard before, DSD beats even hi res PCM (even if we didn't play 24/192, or 32/384 this time).

Much more could be said about the unit in terms of practicality but I save this for later.

For me a sure contender replacing my Unitiserve hence at double price.

Lukasz is also redesigning the Komputer for a bigger (deeper) chassi to incorporate the psu. I will sit out the time until he does het the one box solution in order.

Don't ask me about computer related questions as I am totally 0 about this to above should be read on your own risk Wink.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Has anyone tried one of these?

www.computeraudiodesign.com/cad-cat/