Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Antoine's system
Mooie lijst. Beste wensen Antoine voor 2020. Enjoy the music!

Vriendelijke groet,
Daan Paul
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
Dankjewel! Voor jou ook de beste wensen voor ‘t nieuwe jaar Daan Paul! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Almost forgot, last Sunday I’ve ordered three Synergistic Research Orange fuses. I saw they had a 3 for the price of 2 deal so I bit. Smile

It’s a new spec, recently released. Their previous ‘best’ was the Blue and before that the Black of which I own two. I remember being ‘gobsmacked’ with what these tiny, thin 20mm pieces of wire did in my system. The difference between the Blue compared to Orange is seemingly greater than Black to Blue (which I ‘skipped’) so I can’t wait to replace the two Blacks. One is in my PS Audio Powerplant P3 and the other in my Hynes SR7 PSU. Perhaps I’ll install a black or orange one in my SR4 as I’ll have one Orange and two Blacks without a job.

Now I’ll first have to wait for them since because of the special deal their stock got plundered. Wink

https://www.synergisticresearch.com/fuses/orange-fuse/
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Interesting! I only have a hifi-tuning fuse in my fuse box. Did you only order the smaller fuses, or did you order one for the fuse box too @Antoine
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(03-Jan-2020, 23:10)kerkhoffd Wrote: Interesting! I only have a hifi-tuning fuse in my fuse box. Did you only order the smaller fuses, or did you order one for the fuse box too @Antoine

Yes, I’ve only ordered three 5x20mm fuses for inside equipment. Unfortunately the fuses in the Devialet can’t be replaced otherwise I may have changed those too. Smile

My house was build in the late 70s so I still have the ‘old fashioned’ big ceramic Diazed 500V/16A fuses. Synergistic Research does not make these but like you I have a HiFi-Tuning fuse installed there. I believe the 6.3x32mm fuses (often used in American made equipment) Synergistic makes are also not suited for newer central fusebox installations as these require 10.3x38mm fuses.

The Netherlands
Hello, I replaced all fine fuses of the devices and also the fuse of the supply line to the listening room about 3 years ago. Now use everything from AHP.

Supply line room: AHP sound module IV G gold-plated with fuse gold-plated
Miniature fuses: 5x20mm gold-plated

Absolutely satisfied and good value for money.

http://www.audiophiles-hifi.de/shop/arti...74d47dfff5
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(05-Jan-2020, 16:28)K4680 Wrote: Hello, I replaced all fine fuses of the devices and also the fuse of the supply line to the listening room about 3 years ago. Now use everything from AHP.

Any issues with reliability? Heard that there are some Audiophile fuses on the market that blow quite quickly at the equipments specified rating. Some consumers will then use „overrated“ ones to compensate, which is not a good idea ...
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
(05-Jan-2020, 20:15)baconbrain Wrote:
(05-Jan-2020, 16:28)K4680 Wrote: Hello, I replaced all fine fuses of the devices and also the fuse of the supply line to the listening room about 3 years ago. Now use everything from AHP.

Any issues with reliability? Heard that there are some Audiophile fuses on the market that blow quite quickly at the equipments specified rating. Some consumers will then use „overrated“ ones to compensate, which is not a good idea ...

Hi, AHP was one of the first manufacturers! AHP has a very good reputation! So far, no problems. Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(05-Jan-2020, 21:48)K4680 Wrote:
(05-Jan-2020, 20:15)baconbrain Wrote:

Hi, AHP was one of the first manufacturers!  AHP has a very good reputation!  So far, no problems. Rolleyes

My fuse box fuse has been in situ for four years, and no problem here either.

The Netherlands
I’ve never used AHP fuses but do know them from a previous forum I frequented. Did have several Hifi-Tuning, Furutech and now Synergistic Research fuses.

Regarding audiophile fuses blowing faster, yes some do with large inrush currents. I actually described this happening to a HiFi Tuning ‘Supreme 3’ fuse installed in my SR7 here back in 2016: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Antoine-...8#pid47558

After consulting Paul Hynes I upped the fuse rating from 3.15A to 5A which Paul deemed safe. Though I did not put a HiFi Tuning fuse back but a Synergistic Black since I was so amazed by what it did in my P3. This fuse has been fine since, so over three years now, same for the one installed in the P3. These Synergistic Research fuses are expensive but among the best out there (some do prefer the even more expensive Audio Magic Beeswax fuses though) so if you can and want I’d try them. Smile

The Netherlands