Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone tried Isoacoustics stands with Phantom?
What is the type of stands that you now using
(15-Sep-2015, 20:06)fis65 Wrote:
(03-Sep-2015, 23:45)EvPa Wrote:
(03-Sep-2015, 23:43)hk6230 Wrote: These Isoacoustics speaker stands do work as claimed. I'm using them on my speakers and the difference in SQ is day and night.

They certainly do work, I have some with other speakers.

Never crossed my mind to use them with my Phantoms though.
We tried and it really works! Thanks for the idea.

Here are some pictures!

Which model are these? 155?
(03-Sep-2015, 23:37)EvPa Wrote: Not sure that they would do much, considering that the Phantoms barely vibrate at all.

the stands function is to eliminate vibration, and it is reported that the phantoms don't vibrate hardly at all, so one wouldn't think much benefit from vibration reduction.  But I see these stands  be configured to raise the speaker up varying nights to get to optimal distance above a supporting surface.  Do those of you with phantoms placed on a flat surface surface notice an improvement in sound if you raise up the speaker away from a larger supporting surface.   Is a 3 inch rise going to do anything or do you have to go up 12 inches or more?
(18-Sep-2015, 21:28)rjalder Wrote:
(03-Sep-2015, 23:37)EvPa Wrote: Not sure that they would do much, considering that the Phantoms barely vibrate at all.

the stands function is to eliminate vibration, and it is reported that the phantoms don't vibrate hardly at all, so one wouldn't think much benefit from vibration reduction.  But I see these stands  be configured to raise the speaker up varying nights to get to optimal distance above a supporting surface.  Do those of you with phantoms placed on a flat surface surface notice an improvement in sound if you raise up the speaker away from a larger supporting surface.   Is a 3 inch rise going to do anything or do you have to go up 12 inches or more?

Flat surface bad for bass; stands good.  I am using a couple of books (4'') between my Phantoms and a flat surface at the moment - a definite improvement.
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but, what are the dimensions of the base of Phantom? (the part that touches the surface of any stand. I'm looking to buy some stands and this measurement is critical.

Thanks.
[Image: 644471cd8f85e2eea3c2a1ad026c3584.jpg]

[quote='Dvlt PhD' pid='25272' dateline='1442676827']
The part that the phantom actually sits on is 120mm long and 115mm wide at the widest point. But you can see it is a slightly odd shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: c013db2435e9d9005625896c9d214f65.jpg]

Also, I have mine on an Auralex subwoofer base. That has been a significant improvement in sound although it looks a bit clunky on the stand. I might try some isoacoustics. These speakers are really subwoofers and it seems like you need to consider that when placing and mounting them - it's pretty easy to create resonances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, sleach!
I got this email after I entered in the dimensions of the Phantom:

"Thank you for your inquiry and your interest in our stands. Based on the weight and dimensions you provided, I would recommend the ISO-L8R200 for your speakers.

I hope you find our stands exceed your expectations.

Best regards,

Paul Morrison
Director, Sales & Distribution
IsoAcoustics Inc
416-895-7285
www.isoacoustics.com

Dimensions
Height 10.04"
Width 9.96"
Depth 13.5"
Weight 24.25 lbs
Details
Intended Use Studio Monitor
Manufacture Devialet
Model Phantom
Default Orientation True
Free standing/Integrated freestanding
Regular Shape True
Any Feet False
User Preferred Result Format Metric
Matching Stands
Title ISO-L8R200
Quantity per speaker or unit 1
Isolators Wide 2
Isolators Deep 2"
daveyjung, I think those dimensions are for the widest/deepest point, not the dimensions of the base that touch the stand. See a couple of posts above for base dimensions.