Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using Analog Input on Reactor?
To my surprise, I just discovered that the Reactor has an analog input. Is anyone here using it? And what is its latency?
I haven’t, but will be watching this thread closely. I have a MQA capable USB DAC (Ztella) and am trying to balance the wired hassle against UPnP flakiness and the need for Audirvana to keep my Mac from sleeping.
I use the analog input on my Reactor 900.
All I can say is it works very well. Found the sound quality superb. I have no idea of how much latency is as have used with preamp in conjunction with CD player and record deck. I also use the Bluetooth and find booth give equal results in my opinion.
The main reason I chose the Reactor was because of it having the analog input un like the rest of the Phantom range.
I using my ipod with headphone output 3,5mm jack with DIY cable 3,5mm stereo jack to L and R 3,5mm MONO jack to reactors. Simple, stereo and no problem.
I have been using it, only problem is some noise. With analog input selected and sources not playing turn the volume up and you will hear static noise. I had this with 2 streamers connected with analog signal. Used the reactors at 100% volume and the streamer as pre amp for volume control.