Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
App connection
Don't know if this is a common problem but otherwise hope that anyone has a solution. When starting the app (IOS) the app will search for the devialet but the time required is totally unpredictable. Sometimes it has immediate connection and sometime is has not even a connection after 30 seconds. A bit embarrassing when demonstrating the functionality but to say the least it is very frustrating in normal use.

I've assigned a static IP number and the dev is connected via Ethernet with wifi disabled. I have no issues with wifi. I can even stream via AIR from my wifi connected laptop with 24 bit hires setting without any problem (which includes white noise).

Any ideas?
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
No one else app connection problems?
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
In my opinion the connection time is always poor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
Are you using more than one client via WIFi? When it is, it could be the prob
Same for me - it often takes a while, maybe 20-30 secs never timed it, for the iOS app to connect which seems to make a nonsense of the bizarre way Devialet amps broadcast their presence on a network to ensure quick connection - 5 times a second, I believe.  Confused
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
When no person or machine is using the home network, connection times are sometimes fast (3-5 seconds), sometimes slow (10-30 seconds) using both iPhone or iPad.  There seems to be no pattern to it.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
iamwappie,

I've never had a connection problem from my iPhone or my wife's iPad. The start-up, or connection time seems completely consistent- three seconds or a bit under, by my guess. I tend to double-click the home button and then select the Devialet app (so that I can use the volume control) or my iTunes library, or Deezer, or Spotify, or SimpleRadio. That is how I tend to go back and forth.

We don't have a lot of devices connected to our network, and only one computer, but everything is connected with wifi. I've never had a 20 second wait for a connection. And just to veer off-topic, the reliability of the Devialet system and connections is perhaps one of the greatest pleasures in leaving Naim & UPnP behind....

Hope you find a fix.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I can't connect via the iOS app since firmware 8.0
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
I don't face this problem. I have a dedicated network for my music. On the router only my NAS, D400, Aurender X100, iPad and MacBook Pro.

This I believe ensures optimum network performance and could be the reason I face minimal hiccups on my network

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Thanks all for answering. I see that most have the same issue. Those who have a dedicated network don't seem to have it. At least in comforts me that it's not my setup that is the problem.

I have maybe 15 devices connected to my Wifi network and the Dev connected via ethernet. Don't have any issues with AIR but do have an issue with the app and I question the chosen architecture. It seems to scan the network each time it is started for the presence of a or multiple Devialets. This to me sounds very ineffecient. Why not scan initially or at request and than store the IP address for next time and setup the connection again. This would cover the issue probable for all people who have assigned a static IP address to the Devialet (which I think is a must have). For those with expired DHCP issued addressed a revert to a scan can be performed.