Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Rumored to Be Launching 24/96 Streaming in 2016
http://www.macrumors.com/2015/12/20/appl...ion-audio/

Quote:According to several insiders familiar with Apple, whose products are exhibited at PORTABLE AUDIO FESTIVAL 2015, the company has been developing Hi-Res Audio streaming up to 96kHz/24bit in 2016.

Any plans for Devialet to add Apple Music?
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
The end of the world is coming too. It's just a matter of when.  Wink

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/conten...oon-apple/

There has never been an indication that Apple (or 99% of their customers) care about sound quality. Just because they sell Phantoms in their stores only says they see the potential to sell a lot of them, not because they want to sell high end sound. If they were into high end, they would have bought Grado, not Beats.

Having said that, don't knock Apple streaming as it is now on sound quality. The difference with Tidal is very small if noticeable at all with some music.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(28-Dec-2015, 16:21)Pim van Vliet Wrote: The end of the world is coming too. It's just a matter of when.  Wink

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/conten...oon-apple/

There has never been an indication that Apple (or 99% of their customers) care about sound quality. Just because they sell Phantoms in their stores only says they see the potential to sell a lot of them, not because they want to sell high end sound. If they were into high end, they would have bought Grado, not Beats.

Having said that, don't knock Apple streaming as it is now on sound quality. The difference with Tidal is very small if noticeable at all with some music.

Well, I am an Apple customer having applied to Qobuz sublime taking care about sound quality a lot to my understanding. Maybe I am one of those 1 percent only but I think it makes perfectly sense for Apple to go for hires. And I heard they have been asking the lables to provide hires files for quite a while already....
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany