Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple TV and Phantom I
Hi,

I have a pair of Phantom I´s which are just fantastic, love them, love them, love them. I had them connected to my Apple TV using Airplay which worked great. However, when I upgraded to tvOS 15, the phantoms disappeared from the setup in tvOS. Now I can only choose TV Speakers in the audio settings of the (new) Apple TV 4K.

Playing back Spotify etc. from any other device works great. 

Any ideas?

-NP
Oslo, Norway
(18-Jan-2022, 07:53)npman Wrote: Hi,

I have a pair of Phantom I´s which are just fantastic, love them, love them, love them. I had them connected to my Apple TV using Airplay which worked great. However, when I upgraded to tvOS 15, the phantoms disappeared from the setup in tvOS. Now I can only choose TV Speakers in the audio settings of the (new) Apple TV 4K.

Playing back Spotify etc. from any other device works great. 

Any ideas?

-NP
Oslo, Norway
With the same setup as above my Phantoms still appear in the Temp option list but not the Default option list.
(18-Jan-2022, 09:39)Pwalder Wrote: With the same setup as above my Phantoms still appear in the Temp option list but not the Default option list.

Weirdness, nothing there either.  Huh
(19-Jan-2022, 06:59)npman Wrote:
(18-Jan-2022, 09:39)Pwalder Wrote: With the same setup as above my Phantoms still appear in the Temp option list but not the Default option list.

I have this setup:

AppleTV (4k, newest tvOS) -> TV -> optical out  -> pair of silver phantoms.
This works fine. 
I can also choose to connect to the silvers directly from the AppleTV via Airplay. This also works fine.

airplay speakers to choose from, can come and go from apple devices, and it is usually network related.
Try to disconnect and reconnect to network from all involved, thus appleTV, Phantoms.
If this does not help, try restarting your router.
Sometimes routers block certain traffic and sometime between different network segments (if one is on wifi the other on lan) which can also hamper airplay.
2 Silver Phantoms, 2 Reactor 600, 2 remotes, Dialog, Geckos, located in Denmark
(20-Jan-2022, 14:26)jacob Wrote:
(19-Jan-2022, 06:59)npman Wrote:

I have this setup:

This works fine. 
I can also choose to connect to the silvers directly from the AppleTV via Airplay. This also works fine.

airplay speakers to choose from, can come and go from apple devices, and it is usually network related.
Try to disconnect and reconnect to network from all involved, thus appleTV, Phantoms.
Sometimes routers block certain traffic and sometime between different network segments (if one is on wifi the other on lan) which can also hamper airplay.

Thanks for the tip. None av that really worked, but your tip gave me an idea, to disconnect the AppleTV from ethernet and instead try wifi. Then it showed up and works from the temp menu. So apparently, there is something between the wired and wireless network. Which is weird, because the wireless mesh router and the AppleTV are both connected to the same switch. But at least it works, thanks!
(22-Jan-2022, 11:46)npman Wrote:
(20-Jan-2022, 14:26)jacob Wrote:
(19-Jan-2022, 06:59)npman Wrote: Weirdness, nothing there either.  Huh

I have this setup:

This works fine. 

Thanks for the tip. None av that really worked, but your tip gave me an idea, to disconnect the AppleTV from ethernet and instead try wifi. Then it showed up and works from the temp menu. So apparently, there is something between the wired and wireless network. Which is weird, because the wireless mesh router and the AppleTV are both connected to the same switch. But at least it works, thanks!
Are the main mesh node and your router both distributing ip addresses? Could be an ip address conflict causing your problems.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
This might be related to how your WiFi and routing systems handle Multicast broadcasts. Some WiFi routers limit multicast by default, and this can prevent clients from advertising their AirPlay availability (AirPlay uses Apple’s Bonjour service for this). For large networks (>100 WiFi clients) this limit makes sense, but it can adversely affect smaller, home networks. You’ll likely have to search through your router’s documentation and/or forums for “multicast” or “multicast dns”. Beware, lots of technical rabbit holes await.
Cool, lots to investigate. Thanks guys!
-NP
Dear all,
Suddenly I cannot choose speakers when watching Apple TV. When I press the "Screen" button on the remote I only see the TV when going down to the Airplay symbol. Earlier I could choose my Phantoms, or other units.
This is what has changed:
- I have updated my router to an RC version (Synology, mesh system), weird things happened but over all now everything seems to work (apart from this).
- I can use my Phantoms with Spotify as before, no problem.
- The Phantoms and Apple TV are connected with wifi and have individual ip-adresses as before.
- I have reset the Apple TV, no change.
- Now I have to use the TV-speakers since I cannot connect to other airplay devices - sound horrible - I really would like to connect to my Phantoms.

Any idea?
/Anders
Sorry to repeat myself, but:

"airplay speakers to choose from, can come and go from apple devices, and it is usually network related.
Sometimes routers block certain traffic and sometime between different network segments (if one is on wifi the other on lan) which can also hamper airplay."

If possible, try to connect both the AppleTV and the speakers via ethernet, to rule out wirelesss network obstacles, firewall, access rules etc.
Often routers have much more strict network rule for clients accessing via wifi, than via ethernet cables.

If it works with cable ,but not with wifi, you need to investigate your routers wifi settings.
2 Silver Phantoms, 2 Reactor 600, 2 remotes, Dialog, Geckos, located in Denmark