Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth conectivity issue
Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone else has seen this issue with bluetooth mode with a pair of Phantoms.

How I have mine setup is pretty basic, I have bluetooth enabled on one Phantom, and disabled on the other.

I am noticing consistent behaviour where transitioning from a normal streaming mode to a bluetooth connection (Spark confirms the bluetooth connection is active) causes one of the Phantoms to not play. Spark still recognizes both Phantoms. At first I thought there was consistency where the Phantom still active would always be the one with bluetooth enabled, but I did find times where the Phantom that had bluetooth enabled was also the one that stopped playing, thus eliminating my thought that I needed to have both Phantoms enabled in bluetooth mode at all times.

To correct this issue, I can either power-cycle that problem Phantom and it will boot up and the system will play in stereo. Or, I can also fix the issue by power-cycling Dialog.

This seems pretty reproducible for my setup. I am wondering if anyone else has the same issue, or would be willing to try the same and see?

Thank you and Happy New Year everyone.
Did you try by turning OFF bluetooth on your broadcasting device and back ON again? Solves it for me every time. YMMV.
I'll give that a try the next time I encounter this. Strangely, after performing a full system reset over the weekend, this issue has not manifested itself since. I'll count my blessings and enjoy it while it lasts.
Super. Glad to hear that.

I will say that the Bluetooth is not quite up to direct streaming over optical or wireless - but is is remarkably good and I have no problem using it. ANd for background music for parties and such, it is very good. Super flexible system as a result - any guest can connect their music. I know, going OT on this....Smile But I know that Devialet was not very keen on bluetooth, probably because they are purists and want the highest quality. But Bluetooth was apparently a nod to the American clients and I think that's a good decision.
I had my doubts about how "easy" it would be to use the system before purchase, as it seemed it was dependent on Spark. But in use, it is more flexible than expected.

Hopefully Devialet can change the FW so bluetooth connections do not default to a volume level of 70. Can you imagine how much fun that will be when someone connects to them via BT and starts playing music at that level?

I also wish there was a way to add a bluetooth passcode as an option. It seems almost too easy for someone to connect to them. Mine are in my living room, and I can still connect to them via BT in front of my house. Impressive yet scary to think a stranger close enough can start using them.