Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arch and Dante
As I upgrade my system to use Dante, am I correct in my understanding that my Arch will effectively become useless?
Arch outputs are wifi, Ethernet and PLC, which will be connected to the Phantoms, using Devialet protocol. I assume they will still continue to work with Dante enabled Phantoms for your stereo music, but you cannot use it in the Dante HT setup. Worth a question to support to confirm.
I think if the Phantom Is are set to optical direct mode they won’t be able to receive audio like this at all. It would actually be best to somehow input the turntable to the TV.

I’ll ask, but Devialet rarely respond to emails anymore.
You would need something like this to convert phono to Dante...

https://www.gothamsound.com/product/athe...eamplifier

Then you would you need something like a Symetrix Radius to manage the inputs to your phantoms. I've got a sonos port and a bluetooth receiver for my kitchen phantom who's inputs are being managed by the Symterix. Essentially, I have both inputs active and have to be careful to play one or the other... if I play both the sonos and bluetooth at the same time then both inputs are mixed...

Hope this helps
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante