Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Devialets impossible to sell used?
I have tried to sell mine but the response has been poor, mildly put. I am open to offers and have listed it on several market places. Are Devialet dead secondhand?
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
You're trying to sell a 220 Pro. It's probably cheaper to buy a 6 year old D120 and pay for the upgrade to 220 Pro. Then you get 5 year warranty too so it's effectively a new buy. That's pretty tough competition for the exact same product.

Then there's the NAD M33... Devialet isn't the only one on the market with great sound and great flexibility anymore.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Based on my experience, yes, it is impossible.  Smile
After attempts to sell 2 amplifiers, I reached the end with 4 amplifiers and 4 speakers (instead of 2 with 2).
I think it depends on how low you are willing to go. In the UK they are going on average for £3500, some a bit higher and some unlucky person who didn't describe theirs very well only got £3000. @Pim is right though, the market is definitely not helped by the current upgrade prices.
(20-Oct-2020, 18:14)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: Based on my experience, yes, it is impossible.  Smile
After attempts to sell 2 amplifiers, I reached the end with 4 amplifiers and 4 speakers (instead of 2 with 2).

Somehow I get the feeling you weren't trying very hard  Wink
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I've been watching Devialet Expert sales on Audiogon for some time. They certainly seem to sell, but the discount is significant (~66%, give or take based on model, more current is better). Bad news for sellers, great news for buyers. You should monitor Audiogon/HiFiShark for a sense of what realistic pricing looks like. Don't watch the listing prices, look for the units that actually sold (you can do this on Audiogon by "watching" the listing, and it will tell you whether it sold or merely expired).

I see the 440 Pro selling for around US$7500, which suggests US$3750 for a 220 Pro? The 200 seems to be well below US$3000 lately. The 250 Experts that sell seem to hover around US$5000. The D120 seems to be selling around US$2000 (which I'd say is a terrific value for buyers!).
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
I reckon the remaining Guarantee time is a big factor in their desirability. After all, when these break, who else but Devialet could possibly repair them?
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
The more expensive original listed price is, the more difficult to sell, and nowaday are less people playing HiFi. It’s a common problem for other brands as well according to my experience.

In fact I found Expert Pro is easier to sell than other amps at similar pricing.
Thanks for all the input. When I think about it, it is kind of obvious when you can upgrade rather "cheap" these days that the resale value will be affected. It makes me wonder who will buy a brand new Devialet for the list price?

Let's see what happens, I have e D-premier and I hope to sell the 220 to raise funds for the upgrade to 250pro. But I am in no hurry, as long as the uprade path still exists.
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
I look at it from the opposite direction.
Since nobody makes a less coloured amplifier than Devialet, and minimum added colour is my objective in high fidelity why would I ever want to sell mine?
So the question is moot.
Sorry if you can't sell yours but the best solution is just not to Wink
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire