Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aria Streamers
I visited the Bristol Sound and Vision show at Bristol yesterday.  A couple of products looked like they might be of interest to Devialet owners, the Aria Streamer and the Aria Mini.

On display they had a full size Aria steamer with 2TB storage and built in CD ripping (dBpoweramp) for £3799.  (DAC free)  This is also available with 2TB SSD for an extra £700.  I think with the right rack or set up, the Aria could be a good match in a Devialet based system, it is a similar kind of size to a Devialet, albeit not as slim, and has a brushed stainless steal look to the finish, although it is actually brushed aluminium.  It looked good, certainly not super flash or anything, but I for one would be happy to have one on my rack.

They were also showing the Aria mini, which looks like a classy iPad stand.  This was £1995 without storage, £2295 with 2TB or £2795 with 1TB SSD.

They also do a kit to turn an Oppo 105 into an Aria streamer! 

The iPad control app looked good and appeared to work well. (looks very similar to Apple remote)  In fact both the Aria streamers looked like they would make good companions with a Devialet. 

This leads to the question of how they compare to the Aurender and other obvious rivals.  The Aurender X100 for example, is a little cheaper in the UK, and has a nicer display.  The Aria mini would be up against the cheaper 3D Lab Nano, NAD M50 and others.

http://ariamusicserver.com/index.php/fea...sic-server

The Aria would have to be very good sound quality wise to make the short list.  I am told that home demo in the UK is possible.
Looks nice!

[Image: Aria_Music_Server_-_Blank_front_Panel_Im...b_site.png]
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(22-Feb-2015, 12:26)Confused Wrote: I visited the Bristol Sound and Vision show at Bristol yesterday.  A couple of products looked like they might be of interest to Devialet owners, the Aria Streamer and the Aria Mini.

On display they had a full size Aria steamer with 2TB storage and built in CD ripping (dBpoweramp) for £3799.  (DAC free)  This is also available with 2TB SSD for an extra £700.  I think with the right rack or set up, the Aria could be a good match in a Devialet based system, it is a similar kind of size to a Devialet, albeit not as slim, and has a brushed stainless steal look to the finish, although it is actually brushed aluminium.  It looked good, certainly not super flash or anything, but I for one would be happy to have one on my rack.

They were also showing the Aria mini, which looks like a classy iPad stand.  Without DAC this was £1995 without storage, £2295 with 2TB or £2795 with 1TB SSD.

The iPad control app looked good and appeared to work well. (looks very similar to Apple remote)  In fact both the Aria streamers looked like they would make good companions with a Devialet. 

This leads to the question of how they compare to the Aurender and other obvious rivals.  The Aurender X100 for example, is a little cheaper in the UK, and has a nicer display.  The Aria mini would be up against the cheaper 3D Lab Nano, NAD M50 and others.

The Aria would have to be very good sound quality wise to make the short list.  I am told that home demo in the UK is possible.

I think this looks great. I think in that price range we also need to consider the Melco N1A which is also now a transport thanks to a firmware update. Although the Melco doesn't have a CD ripper... I think the Antipodes does though?

It's becoming a very interesting area of the market.  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Looks nice! Thanks for sharing

Did you get a chance to have a first impression on sound quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(22-Feb-2015, 13:11)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(22-Feb-2015, 12:26)Confused Wrote: I visited the Bristol Sound and Vision show at Bristol yesterday.  A couple of products looked like they might be of interest to Devialet owners, the Aria Streamer and the Aria Mini.

They were also showing the Aria mini, which looks like a classy iPad stand.  Without DAC this was £1995 without storage, £2295 with 2TB or £2795 with 1TB SSD.

I think this looks great. I think in that price range we also need to consider the Melco N1A which is also now a transport thanks to a firmware update. Although the Melco doesn't have a CD ripper... I think the Antipodes does though?

It's becoming a very interesting area of the market.  Smile

Guillaume
Melco were at the show and had the N1A on display.  To be honest I thought it looked a little "home made"!  As an example, a couple of stands away, Pioneer were displaying the new N-70 streamer.  The Pioneer looks like a Rolls Royce premium product in comparison to the Melco.  (In fact the N-70 does look rather smart)  Sound quality is a different matter of course, and on this I have no basis to comment.

An interesting area of the market?  I could not agree more Guillaume!
After the disappearance of CD players (almost, not CDs themselves) this market is expanding. I thought the Aria mini comes only with DAC, good to learn that there are now also DAC less versions.
One streamer which could be interesting, but I find very little info about it is dStream form Mizik http://www.mizikmusic.com/intro/meet-miz...s/dstream/. Was it in the show or is it only vaporware?
(22-Feb-2015, 19:12)Music or sound Wrote: After the disappearance of CD players (almost, not CDs themselves) this market is expanding. I thought the Aria mini comes only with DAC, good to learn that there are now also DAC less versions.
One streamer which could be interesting,  but I find very little info about it is dStream form Mizik http://www.mizikmusic.com/intro/meet-miz...s/dstream/. Was it in the show or is it only vaporware?

No, I didn't see one of those at the show.  I think at the rate these things are comming onto the market there will be no room left for humans soon!
(22-Feb-2015, 19:12)Music or sound Wrote: After the disappearance of CD players (almost, not CDs themselves) this market is expanding. I thought the Aria mini comes only with DAC, good to learn that there are now also DAC less versions.
One streamer which could be interesting,  but I find very little info about it is dStream form Mizik http://www.mizikmusic.com/intro/meet-miz...s/dstream/. Was it in the show or is it only vaporware?

Hi there, for clarity I'm part of the company distributing Aria products in the UK. Just to clear up any potential confusion, all Aria Mini models feature a built in DAC, but there is a USB output if you wish to go to an external one.  
(23-Feb-2015, 14:17)Bill Auden Wrote:

Hi there, for clarity I'm part of the company distributing Aria products in the UK. Just to clear up any potential confusion, all Aria Mini models feature a built in DAC, but there is a USB output if you wish to go to an external one.  

Hi Bill and welcome to Devialet Chat!  Smile

Guillume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(23-Feb-2015, 14:17)Bill Auden Wrote:

Sorry, my mistake.  Brain fade, rather than typing without storage I typed without DAC.  I have corrected my original post, so the information will now be accurate for anyone new picking up this thread.