Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arup's system
Those speakers are beautiful (and so is the room).  Do you whip the covers off when you are listening or are you happy with the sound when they're on?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(31-May-2016, 10:20)audio_engr Wrote: You are absolutely correct ... April 25th, 2015, the devastating Nepal earthquake wiped out my beloved B&W Matrix 802-series 2, Power amp, preamp DAC & CD Transport. It was shocking to see 'em all go in front of my eyes in less than 30 seconds ...

This is the replacement ... 

Yes ... the electronics are simple and done differently ... keeping the Home Minister (wifey) happy with her decor !!

I remember reading your post. I m truly sorry for that. I remember about earthquake. Did not know one day i would interact with one!. God Bless All!.

Anyways your system looks truly fantastic and you have put in lot of effort to make it look Simple and hence Home Ministry seem not bothered too much Smile.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(31-May-2016, 15:01)Jnan_devi Wrote:
(31-May-2016, 10:20)audio_engr Wrote: You are absolutely correct ... April 25th, 2015, the devastating Nepal earthquake wiped out my beloved B&W Matrix 802-series 2, Power amp, preamp DAC & CD Transport. It was shocking to see 'em all go in front of my eyes in less than 30 seconds ...

This is the replacement ... 

Yes ... the electronics are simple and done differently ... keeping the Home Minister (wifey) happy with her decor !!

I remember reading your post. I m truly sorry for that. I remember about earthquake. Did not know one day i would interact with one!. God Bless All!.

Anyways your system looks truly fantastic and you have put in lot of effort to make it look Simple and hence Home Ministry seem not bothered too much Smile.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(31-May-2016, 11:49)Axel Wrote: Those speakers are beautiful (and so is the room).  Do you whip the covers off when you are listening or are you happy with the sound when they're on?

Appreciate your kind words ... 

Nope, I haven't had the need to whip off the Mid & Woofer grilles as they sound marvellous with them on. 

Not a hint of loss of transparency ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
What a wonderful system and beautiful room to enjoy it. Congrats.
Devialet D400
Wilson Sasha
Onkyo Cd transport via aes/ebu
Direct Drive Turntable Micro Benz Gold MC Cartridge
2 x Shunyata Sigma Digital Power Cord
Transparent Super MM2 Speaker Cable
(28-May-2016, 19:00)audio_engr Wrote: Speakers : Bowers & Wilkins 802 D3
Amplifier : D400
Source : CDP & Computer

[Image: L1010524.jpg]

[Image: L1010516.jpg]

Beautiful room and setup.

Let me guess. You need to clean your D400s every day to keep them looking spiffy. A hint. Wall mount your D400s. There are huge advantages. Mine have been on the wall for a month and look as clean as the day I hung them there. No dust accumulates on them. The display is nicely visible from my listening position. The valuable real estate on the shelf top is now free to put something else there. I'll never go back to the original horizontal mounting.
(25-Sep-2016, 12:19)srima Wrote:
(28-May-2016, 19:00)audio_engr Wrote: Speakers : Bowers & Wilkins 802 D3
Amplifier : D400
Source : CDP & Computer

[Image: L1010524.jpg]

[Image: L1010516.jpg]

Beautiful room and setup.

Let me guess. You need to clean your D400s every day to keep them looking spiffy. A hint. Wall mount your D400s. There are huge advantages. Mine have been on the wall for a month and look as clean as the day I hung them there. No dust accumulates on them. The display is nicely visible  from my listening position. The valuable real estate on the shelf top is now free to put something else there. I'll never go back to the original horizontal mounting.

Not only do they look nice, they also run a lot cooler.

Mine now:
Wall mounted:  A 53 D 44 S 48
Shelf mounted: A 59 D 52 S 55
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
TWO recent changes to the Devialet Le400 brought huge overall improvements ..

1st one  :  DH Labs 110 ohms RCA-to-AES/EBU digital link between Master & Companion.

2nd one :  Maglev feet (custom made to order) under Master & Companion.
We moved again ... hoping this one is a permanent one ... 

And I get a DEDICATED Audio Room to myself which is a super bonus !

So far, I have only progressed probably 25% of the full potential ...

I need to build a drywall with a entrance/exit door, seal off the windows. Then, put in the recommended acoustic panels from RPG Diffusors which will then make a huge difference. I also need to address power conditioning by getting a PS Audio DirectStream PowerPlant 12 power regenerator.

Some pictures here for now ...

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: L1020232.jpg]
no3 molar mass
" />

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: L1020233.jpg]
no3 molar mass
" />

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: L1020235.jpg]
no3 molar mass
" />

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: L1020236.jpg]
no3 molar mass
" />

continuing in next post
[img]<a href=[/img][Image: L1020238.jpg]
no3 molar mass
" />

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: L1020237.jpg]
no3 molar mass
" />

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: L1020239.jpg]
no3 molar mass
" />

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: L1020240.jpg]
no3 molar mass
" />

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: L1020241.jpg]
no3 molar mass
" />

Thank you !