Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asynchronous usb for Expert 250 Pro CI?
(28-May-2021, 08:56)Ecki Wrote: BTW is such a problem/information part of that "last error" feature in the D200 display?  Guess, not.

No it's not. That's probably a good thing. Imagine having a great night listening to your favourite albums only to find out afterwards that you've missed a few bits. Just the agony of knowing that you didn't get all the data you're entitled to would keep you awake all night.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(28-May-2021, 08:16)RvdH Wrote: Many thanks to all that took the trouble to answer!

I put A NUC running ROCK in a fanless akasa case with its Teddy Pardo power supply right next to the 250 and connected through usb.with a very good cable.The improvement was impressive.

I moved from a Curious USB cable that made no difference in sound quality at all to the MIT SL-Matrix that actually made the sound more natural, less edgy. I tested it with both cables connected to both USB inputs on my Od'A so I could switch without knowing which was which. After the disappointment of the Curious cable I was surprised that not only could I hear a difference, it was as clear as daylight and I had a clear favourite. I still don't believe a cable alone over such a short distance can make any difference at all on an asynchronous signal but I guess there's something going on in those little boxes on either side of the cable.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(29-May-2021, 04:42)Pim Wrote:
(28-May-2021, 08:56)Ecki Wrote: BTW is such a problem/information part of that "last error" feature in the D200 display?  Guess, not.

No it's not. That's probably a good thing. Imagine having a great night listening to your favourite albums only to find out afterwards that you've missed a few bits. Just the agony of knowing that you didn't get all the data you're entitled to would keep you awake all night.

Right, but from time to time i have to think what's wrong that day, as it does not sound right. Ok, it will not be the wrong bits, it's in my head...
(29-May-2021, 18:46)Ecki Wrote: it will not be the wrong bits, it's in my head...

Maybe, or it is some influence from the power grid. I've noticed the same many times Undecided
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB