Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Improvements on the Phantoms
Hello All,

After a couple of weeks of lurking in the forum, I am now a proud owner of a pair of Phantom Silvers, a Dialogue and a pair of Branches.  Thank you for all the posts/comments as they have convinced this is the way to go.  All my HDMI (Kodi box, Comcast, Blu-Ray) and Optical (Sonos Connect) sources will plugged into the Octava 4x1 HDMI switch +ARC, with the HDMI out into the TV and Optical output into the Dialogue. 

I am thinking of adding the Wyred4Sound Remedy Reclocker or the Empirical Audio Synchro-Mesh between the Octava and the Dialogue.  In theory, this should improve all sources and not just the Sonos Connect.  I have read a couple of posts about the benefits of the Remedy Reclocker.  Can anybody chime in about the Synchro-Mesh?  Are these devices worth the difference or the built-in DAC within the Phantoms advanced enough to adjust for jitter?

Finally, what is your opinion on the MiniDSP or DSpeaker AntiMode 2.0?  Will the Phantoms benefit from these room correction devices?

I bought the Phantoms to streamline but I am willing to add to the chain if there is audio improvement.  Please chime in if you have used any these devices with your Phantoms.  Thanks again.

DP
Stereo: Phantom Silvers, Dialogue, Branches
Home Theater: Pre/Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, Amp: Emotiva XPA-5, Fronts & Center: Anthony Gallo Strada 2, Surrounds: Anthony Gallo A'Divas, Subwoofer: Anthony Gallo TR-3D
There will be no audible jitter with the Phantom, and adding other devices will not change that. In fact, it is impossible that they could. Spend your money on music instead. Smile
If the Phantom sound the way you want in your room then I agree that you need not fix a thing. In my audition I disliked the overblown bass and so would use room correction such as that offered by the MiniDSP or AntiMode, but I can't advise well because I own neither those nor Phantom. I do use and enjoy Dirac room correction though.