Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audiophile grade Router with WiFi
Just wanted to know if there's any 'audiophile-grade Routers with Gigabit ethernet ports and WiFi ... 

Thank you!
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
@audio_engr not many that I know of but there is this one.

https://thelinearsolution.com/ocxo_router.html
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

As a note of caution, I would check very carefully as to what you might or might not be getting when ordering from The Linear Solution.....

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-The-Line...arsolution
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(17-Oct-2019, 19:45)Confused Wrote: As a note of caution, I would check very carefully as to what you might or might not be getting when ordering from The Linear Solution.....

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-The-Line...arsolution

Thank you for the caution. I too exchanged emails with Adrian the owner and the dialog started off with "prices with discounts" before a very soon price hike - as opposed to my queries on topology and other tech questions that were never answered.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
I can sort of go with audiophile Ethernet but audiophile wifi goes beyond me. Wifi can’t physically send noise by accident.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
@Pim ,

What do you regard as "noise"? Jitter is an unwanted signal distortion, you could argue that it reduces the signal to noise ratio, and wifi isn't immune to jitter.

But are you thinking of a router purely in terms of it being a wifi device? Routers usually also incorporate an ethernet switch and people use them for wired connections. My Nucleus+ is connected via ethernet cabling to my router. Just because the discussion is about routers doesn't mean that it has to involve wifi.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
@David A - can you explain what you mean by "wifi isn't immune to jitter"? Specifically, what do you mean by "jitter" in this context bearing in mind that wi-fi carries audio data in packets that have no timing relationship to the original samples (that is, the sample timing has to be reconstructed by some convention established between sender and receiver rather than by the arrival time of the packets)?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
@thumb5 ,

I was thinking in terms of the clock phase error which some call jitter and which John Swenson believes accumulates to some degree from one data device to another along the transmission chain, even though the data is being carried in packets.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
This one - AQ-SWITCH V1 Audiophile High-End Network Switch audio LAN isolater

Link: http://www.myhifishop.de/Devices/AQ-SWIT...anguage=en

Price € 398,00
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
(18-Oct-2019, 15:30)chrisc Wrote: This one - AQ-SWITCH V1 Audiophile High-End Network Switch audio LAN isolater

Link:  http://www.myhifishop.de/Devices/AQ-SWIT...anguage=en

Price € 398,00

That's a switch only, not a router. The original question  was about a router.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia